Originally posted by jjas:
Pav,

Maybe I need to introduce my Iowa buddy to you so you can help him out..lol.

He's lived in Des Moines his whole life and over the last 10 years or so the properties he was hunting have all been leased up @ rates he says he just can't afford to pay.
He lives in the most populated place in Iowa. Of course there is going to be leasing. If he hasn't realized leases have taken over nationwide in the last 10 years he has had his head in the sand. Obviously he is going to see an increase in leasing. That said, A quick Google search will show you leases are more available and affordable in Iowa than any other Midwest state with a decent mgt plan. I've looked and leased in most of them.
But then again maybe he is one of the fellas that thanks he should get to hunt someone's place for free like a lot of people I hear griping. Go ahead and reply with it isn't free he helps put up hay for the guy or etc. That may be well and good but it doesn't cut it most of the time anymore and if it does they are lucky. Landowners have realized they have a valuable resource and should realize that value imo.

"Form your own thoughts, instead of quoting another's original insight."-Cody Query