Originally posted by DEC:
That is the problem. I don't know you could ever get it to match the current revenue, but I could be wrong. Like others said ... the start is to jack up the price for out of state hunters. We all know how insanely cheap we are relative to surrounding states.

Also, make deer hunters actually buy a hunting license. I know a lot of us have or buy a general hunting license, but there are a lot of deer hunt only guys that have no need to buy a hunting license because the state only requires them to buy deer tags. Most other states you also have to buy a hunting license in addition to your deer tags.

Another thing that they could do is actually sell the tags for draw type hunts like the State Parks and other areas. They could charge 1/2 price or something, since now they charge nothing. Same with an emergency rule hunt. Charge something for the tags in that zone, again, maybe 1/2 price of normal.

Again, I am of the opinion that our State cares more about the dollars than the deer or the deer hunters. So, this is all wishful thinking on my part when it comes to changing the overall system. I could be all wet on it and maybe a bean counter could make the numbers work.

I am not saying that I have the absolute answer, but I feel that it would be a start in the right direction from a licensing standpoint. I just know what we have now it not working and I don't think it has anything to do with weapons options. Again, there are all kinds of season structure issues which are hot topics that I think would make huge improvements to the overall herd as well ... but that is for another debate.
Great points... This is something I could very easily support...