Originally posted by Jeff Valovich:
I did the Dunes hunt this year (why is beyond me as I said I'd never do it again)... I'm done with the park hunts for sure this time...lol... Anyways, I had preset my stand this time around a week in advance (a portable).. and of course some old over the hill geeser set up about 125-150yds to my front left, just north of where I killed that 160"er in 2012... had another guy to my front right 150yds away in a climber and another 250yds to my right in a ladder stand(he killed a single Doe), these two both left at noon wheelin' the one guys Doe out..(buddies I guess).. This old guy cut me off from the trail I knew they'd come in from... at 8:09 I heard a doe snort, looked up and he shot her and she ran and died 17yds away, to my back left..... 30 seconds later I see another deer on the same trail, he shoots again, wounds a small little 90lb busted rack spikey thing, it also runs right at me, its right leg floppin' around, I drop it in its tracks 20 yds to my front left as it comes by for the guy....so now, I have two dead deer that arnt mine, 20 yds from me....DRATS !!.. so he finally gets down, limps over and looks up at me and says "How the heck am I going to get these out of here" ?? ........ Well S O a B !! .... I mean good for him he got two deer, but guess who ended up dragging both 100+yds to the front trailhead....YUP, you guessed it....Me !! (I'm such a nice guy...lol..)....he tried, he really did try to help, but after 10 or so yards he was gasping, wheezing so bad, I thought he'd croak right there, I told him if you collapse, I aint giving you mouth to mouth...lol.... so, I took over, got the Doe to the trail head, he sat down panting/wheezing away, I went back and brought up the other.... I said as for dressing them out, your own your own.......I went back to my tree, left him there to do the rest.... he finally called the office, and they came with their Gator and took him and the deer to the check in....the Am was shot, I sat till 3pm saw zilch......went back Tues, sat till non, saw zilch ....pulled the stand and went home...

They only had 24 killed the first day and 4 or so the second day....28-30 total..... Yep, I'll say it again, I'm done with the park hunts...lol...
That sounds just like every year of opening weekend on public ground where I hunt. LOL. I don't think people realize how lucky they are to have their own private land to hunt and not have to hunt "pressured deer" and have to compete with every other Joe blow or Betty Sue out there. I think public land is getting hammered more and more every year due to so much leasing. I too hate and hopefully never will hunt a park hunt again.