When this first passed I will admit I was completely against it. I have done some reading and listening to the dooms day posts on here and I really do not think it's any more dangerous at all. Statistics say there are between 700 and 1000 hunting accidents annually in the entire U.S. of which only 100 are fatal. When you compare that to the amount of hunters in the woods that's a relatively low % guys. That's the entire U.S., and sure 1 life is 1 too many, but I highly doubt allowing HPR in Indiana will raise this number. Not to mention the precision that a rifle allows. Let's face it the recoil on a .243 is nothing compared to a slug gun of any caliber! I think guys and girls using a .243 will be able to make more precise shots thus reducing lost or unrecoverable deer. Now, will they always ID what's beyond the target? Well we need to start teaching this in Hunter Ed, right or wrong its not going to change until 2020! You as a hunter have a freedom to choose to use an HPR, use it or not its our choice. Make your choice and hunt safe. smile