My son Justin who is 14 and was my deer hunting buddy this year has been in the hospital this week battling pneumonia. At first we didn't know what was wrong, he was just passing out with really no symptoms, so we had lots of time to sit in that room at Peyton Manning Hospital and just chat. He is doing fine now after some really strong antibiotics kicked in and finally finding something to treat. I thought I would share some of the things we talked about which all revolved around deer. We both got a deer this year, he got a doe in youth and I got a nice buck with a muzzleloader, so it was a good year for us. It has been tough for him this year as he decided early to wait it out for a big buck. I asked him what he had learned from this season so far. He said its really hard to kill a big one for sure, but this year for the first time I see now that when your hunting there are some awesome things in the woods. He listed his favorite sightings, and all white barn owl, a mink, a duck walking through our alfalfa field a mile from any water, a grey fox, and a red coyote. I could go on and on about some of the good things we talked about, it was just good that he didn't complain about not getting a buck. It does my heart good to know he has the patience that it takes to sit out there and do what we do. I think he has the same bug that most of us do and is starting to understand that its not just about the kill. All you guys out there have a great Christmas and remember its not always about the kill. Good luck to all those still trying I will be out this weekend I hope.