From 1987/93 the average deer harvest was 82,000.

The DNR instituted herd reduction and the harvest from 1994/1997 climbed to an average of 115,000 deer per year.

Here's a quote from the 2000 harvest report...

The decrease in harvest is the result of the
Division’s effort from 1994 - 1997 to reduce the statewide deer population and the effort
in 1998 - 2000 to begin stabilizing the population by slightly reducing antlerless harvest.

Sound familiar?

I wonder how many people were screaming about the sky falling then and is it really falling now?

Hardly....

If the herd was decimated how would it be possible for Hoosier deer hunters to be able to post harvest numbers on average of 128,000 deer per year like we have for the last 11 years? And if the herd was decimated how could Hoosier deer hunters have harvested 83,000 deer so far this year?

Wouldn't happen, as you can't kill what isn't there....

Where will this season's numbers end up? Will they be higher than the last couple of years, lower than the last couple of years or will they level off?

That's what tells the IDNR where they are on herd reduction as it certainly doesn't come from anecdotal reports or personal attacks posted on a facebook page, forum or in articles.

And as far as the accusation of me being a "hater" goes....I just consider the source and don't worry much about it.

Good luck the rest of the deer season to all who have yet to fill their tag(s).