What a weird trip to Ohio this year.......first two days in the 70's, no action, cameras were basically worthless of information after Halloween. Just too dang warm. But I knew we had some biggun's in the area. The morning of November 10th was my 5th hunt in Ohio....and it was a drizzle/cloudy day which is my favorite type of weather to hunt during pre-rut to rut conditions. That morning had me positioned near a logged gulch and some set aside fields. I knew I was in a good location due to all the fresh scrapes, trail cam pics and large buck tracks in the mud.

It all happened pretty fast at 7;30am.........after I set off some of my grunt sequences down into the gulch. I caught movement literally seconds after I called........and here he come just boiling up the hill to me as he was convinced another buck was having his way in the set aside he could not see down in the gulch. He was about 10 yards facing me and making a scrape.......then he bristled all up as he crested the ridge I was on.....and gave me a 5 yard shot. From my grunting sequence to his collapse.........not 60 seconds had gone by. It can happen in a FLASH gang!!

After the shot ........ran 40 yards and was down in less than 10 seconds.

Good luck to all still chasing their bucks.

Site Administrator
www.indianaoutdoorsman.proboards.com

"Never argue with an idiot.....they will beat you with experience every time"