Originally posted by tynimiller:
Originally posted by delaney:
[b] Ok, before we all get cranked up again, is it possible to focus on deer issues, management issues and not one organization vs. another organization. S_wilk, is it possible to private message Gary and ask that question? There is no relevance to this topic.

If IWDHM can make a difference, good for them. Will it be difficult, yes. Impossible, I don't know. The IDHA tried to make a difference and for a while, under different DNR management and government attitude, might have made some difference. Is there apathy in the existing groups and those who have beat their heads against the wall for year, yes. Does that mean they don't care any longer, no. But, does that mean the IWDHM or any other new group doesn't have a chance to change the course of things, no. So, why this constant discourse? Hey, whichever the new group is or how many there may be, give them a chance and leave the rhetoric behind. Maybe, sooner or later, some new group will somehow find a way to have an affect and help the DNR. This is ridiculous.
Delaney the pause or nature in which some of us respond to Gary is from the blatant abuse and mistreatment many of us received from IWDHM.

Funny thing is Swilk and I many a times have both stated to eachother that we agree with their overall mission and most of their major points. However, there is a lot of misleading and unprofessional management which attempts to shut up ANYONE which doesn't close their mouth with any doubts and merely follow like a blind sheep.

I wanted to join the IWDHM, I was one of the few that stayed active and posted frequently about topics/posts they would do on Facebook...no longer due to being banned for the excuse of the "disharmony" I caused. I never swore, never discredited anyone's opinion and most of all I simply cared enough to not blindly follow.

So while I get it, it does get redundant at times and yes most of this probably could be taken up by PMs however when you care so much about hunting (as I, Swilk and bet my bottom dollar everyone HERE) it gets your blood boiling to see wool being pulled over the eyes of some.

The funniest thing though Delaney? Is despite being banned, despite being ignored...I still wish them well and support their overall mission and that will never change!

I've said my piece for now, blessings Gary and the IWDHM on their endeavors...blessings to all hunters here who enjoy this lifestyle as much as Gary and all at the IWDHM...and blessings to those who continue to do ALL they can for their own localized herds whether by organizing co-ops, trigger control or supporting groups like IWDHM.

Thanks much for the comment. I am simply not interested in this or other threads or topics becoming a constant "he said, she said" and/or insinuative reaction all the time. The but, but, but, while possibly true at times, provides little value to begin with and no value after a while. When disagreement or perspectives continue to go back and forth with what becomes argumentative words being used, it's then time for guys to take it to private messaging and get it out of the public flow. My comments here are not supportive of one side or the other but instead meant as a expectation.

I believe it has been pretty clear over the years that this site is one of the most tolerant. But, that said, this site can end up being a reflection of the IDHA and for those who come to the site and use the site, they need to be respectful of that issue and limit some of the various things that get going. Not to do so, in my opinion, is simply not acceptable. I have no personal negative feelings towards anyone but to have a rerun of a few years ago between folks being hashed out using this site since some were banned from the other site is really unwarranted. I hope you understand where i'm coming from and my comments are not directed at you but are general in nature. I again hope that issues and items are the focus, not promotion of an organization or detraction from an organization.
Less than 60 days fellas!!! [/b]

"Fishing is like a one night stand, unless you're fly fishing, then you've encountered the romance of your life"