As I further read through some of these post, it is clear that hunters do not get that they have no guaranteed right to hunt. Even if the NRC passes a rule to allow rifles in this case, Landowners, Municipal government, County government, State government can all weigh in on this in the end. I am sure you will see Marion county react soon after it becomes law and I would guess from past history many if not most of the doughnut counties will follow at some point.
In the county in which I live we have fought back several previous ordinances by county commissioners to place limits on hunting within 400 yards of any dwelling or building. (Their would be few places one could hunt) We were able to convince them at the time that the shotgun and muzzleloader was not a rifle and shot the distances the no hunting advocates claimed. If it happened again I don't believe we would be successful. With rifles added and if an event would occur, most elected official including the Sheriff and other LE officials would cave to the public. It is the public that will ultimately decide. Not the DNR, not hunters, but the public.
When that happens all the logic, facts and statistics mean nothing. Don't confuse people's desire to own guns for personal protection with tolerating irresponsible hunters, perceived or real.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..."

THEODORE ROOSEVELT