Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5763
02/07/2014 07:17 AM
02/07/2014 07:17 AM
B
Bowmadness Offline
Bowmadness  Offline
B
Truth, i have to ask why you would come on this site? The "science" you refer to has 3 total deer, and that's an adequate sample size for science? Just because an idiot judge or jury doesn't know anything about science, doesn't make it truth. Guys in the NFL and MLB have often been using drugs for years before there is a test. I'm in a profession where "science" is thrown at me on a daily basis. Far and away the majority is junk when you apply the scientific method, but it certainly looks like truth to the companies that funded the research.
Personally, CWD aside, I don't really have a big problem with HFH. Like many slimy,immoral things, i just won't support or participate. If some guy needs to shoot big antlers because his antler is too small, that's his prerogative.

This will, however, do wonders for my fence pliers side business!

Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5764
02/07/2014 07:31 AM
02/07/2014 07:31 AM
T
Truth Offline
Truth  Offline
T
Sorry, I dont need to troll. My only intent was to show some truth and facts. This Terry fellow lost someone to mad cow and now he goes around the world with his gloom and doom about cwd and spread that every person,plant and animal is going to die from it when in fact it has had no major impact on any herds anywhere.We have it and we have to deal with it. I think we should shut all borders to out of state hunters and all deer harvested have to be brought to a meat cutter to be cleaned and tested. Ny's cwd was brought in by a hunter killed head from out west! I am sure us hunters are one of the biggest carriers of cwd from state to state.

Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5765
02/07/2014 07:34 AM
02/07/2014 07:34 AM
owen county
G
gundude Offline
Watching Over You All
gundude  Offline
Watching Over You All
G
owen county
When did you become a hunter?

Life is hard. Its even harder If your stupid!
John Wayne.
Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5766
02/07/2014 08:33 AM
02/07/2014 08:33 AM
Decatur County/Greensburg, IN
Y
Yaz Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Yaz  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Y
CWD is NOT the ONLY disease we have to worry about being transported or brought into this state. Bovine TB can and does get transmitted to/from cervids, domestic livestock, as well as other animals……and humans! Indiana has been Considered Bovine TB free since 1983? Although it is not prevalent these days, Brucellosis (Banger's) is still a possibility.

Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5767
02/07/2014 08:56 AM
02/07/2014 08:56 AM
T
Truth Offline
Truth  Offline
T
I have been a hunter for over 40 years. have 700 acres no fence and 6 acre little hobby farm with 30 whitetails. I will always be a hunter first,farmer second and believe me we have way to much $ to lose to be playing around with cwd. Thats the part guys like Terry does not get. Why in the world,if my deer are worth 150 grand,would i be messing with something that could shut me down.
I only came here to show there is not the doom and gloom that Terry likes to spread across the deer hunting internet world. cwd is not or never will be a kill all to any deer herd. Look at states like Wis. How in the world does a state that has had cwd for over 12 years keep setting record harvests every year and always hit the top of the p&y and b&c record books. How is it for the last 5 plus years the top 5 states in those record books are most all cwd positive states. Makes no sence!

Yaz every deer in the country has to be tested for those problems every 3 years!

Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5768
02/07/2014 09:07 AM
02/07/2014 09:07 AM
East Central Indiana
B
bonehead88 Offline
bonehead88  Offline
B
East Central Indiana
To everone on this forum on both sides. I am an environmental scientist. I love to read or hear people argue fact from this research and take it as truth. The real truth of the matter is that there are many scientist that have a theroy and test it. All test can be manipulated to achieve your desired results. The truth in real research is to see if the research paper has been Peer reviewed and accepted. If it has been duplicated. There is a lot of mis information out there and there is also undeniable facts. The misinformation is used to discredit the facts.
Fact are that CWD and CJD are real diseases. There has been no link to them yet, but several theories linking the 2. God help us if they ever do find a link or mutation that allow the species barrier crossover. Fact CDC is concerned enough to offer guidence on prevention to exposure. EPA has set cleanup and disposal practices for labs testing for CWD. Truth be known there is still not enough evidence on either side to definately come to solid conclusions. This is my main reason for opposing this industry and second is ethical and moral.

Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5769
02/07/2014 09:18 AM
02/07/2014 09:18 AM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
Originally posted by Truth:
I will always be a hunter first,farmer second and believe me we have way to much $ to lose to be playing around with cwd.
Then why are your first posts on a hunting forum about your "farming".

Site Administrator
www.indianaoutdoorsman.proboards.com

"Never argue with an idiot.....they will beat you with experience every time"
Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5770
02/07/2014 09:21 AM
02/07/2014 09:21 AM
PlainField, IN
BREW... Offline
Hoosier Hunter
BREW...  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
PlainField, IN
MONEY..... Plain and simple!!!!

Guardian Of The One Buck Rule & Gunseason
"Some people just need a good *** whoopin. It keeps the planets aligned"
Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5771
02/07/2014 09:24 AM
02/07/2014 09:24 AM
owen county
G
gundude Offline
Watching Over You All
gundude  Offline
Watching Over You All
G
owen county
Sounds like a Rodney story.not sure you are making any ground here..

John Wayne.
Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5772
02/07/2014 09:37 AM
02/07/2014 09:37 AM
Indianapois, IN, USA
D
delaney Offline
Hoosier Hunter
delaney  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
D
Indianapois, IN, USA
Originally posted by bonehead88:
To everone on this forum on both sides. I am an environmental scientist. I love to read or hear people argue fact from this research and take it as truth. The real truth of the matter is that there are many scientist that have a theroy and test it. All test can be manipulated to achieve your desired results. The truth in real research is to see if the research paper has been Peer reviewed and accepted. If it has been duplicated. There is a lot of mis information out there and there is also undeniable facts. The misinformation is used to discredit the facts.
Fact are that CWD and CJD are real diseases. There has been no link to them yet, but several theories linking the 2. God help us if they ever do find a link or mutation that allow the species barrier crossover. Fact CDC is concerned enough to offer guidence on prevention to exposure. EPA has set cleanup and disposal practices for labs testing for CWD. Truth be known there is still not enough evidence on either side to definately come to solid conclusions. This is my main reason for opposing this industry and second is ethical and moral.
To me, this says it all. And, it is the reason that Indiana needs to keep these types of facilities from operating. Times may change in the future, but the risk is simply to great.

"Fishing is like a one night stand, unless you're fly fishing, then you've encountered the romance of your life"
Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5773
02/07/2014 09:44 AM
02/07/2014 09:44 AM
Y
Yaz Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Yaz  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Y
Correct Dave. I am NOT willing to let the very few negatively affect the very many. It is not worth the risk. No matter who's "facts" you believe, it is still a risk that is very real.

Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5774
02/07/2014 11:29 AM
02/07/2014 11:29 AM
owen county
G
gundude Offline
Watching Over You All
gundude  Offline
Watching Over You All
G
owen county
Who is the fool here? Perhaps it is us for engaging in this dribble.. no true sportsman would even entertain the thought of supporting this practice.. there my friends is the real TRUTH.

Debate on.. sadly

John Wayne.
Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5775
02/07/2014 11:32 AM
02/07/2014 11:32 AM
T
Truth Offline
Truth  Offline
T
Ok so good points from all. Let me ask you this. Hunter to hunter. What do you think should be done by the law, about hunter harvested deer killed in one of your close border states that have cwd wild deer? Pa and Ill killed deer brought into Indiana!

Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5776
02/07/2014 11:33 AM
02/07/2014 11:33 AM
T
Truth Offline
Truth  Offline
T
Ok so good points from all. Let me ask you this. Hunter to hunter. What do you think should be done by the law, about hunter harvested deer killed in one of your close border states that have cwd wild deer? Pa and Ill killed deer brought into Indiana!
You want to talk about risk.

Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5777
02/07/2014 12:29 PM
02/07/2014 12:29 PM
Indianapois, IN, USA
D
delaney Offline
Hoosier Hunter
delaney  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
D
Indianapois, IN, USA
If I were the "ruler" and maker of all regulations, there would be not legal transport of any cervid from states with CWD. It would not just be whitetail deer but other cervids as well. Now, if there existed evidence that indicated certain parts of cervids could be transported without the risk of carrying the disease, I would suggest that transport be allowed only for those parts.

"Fishing is like a one night stand, unless you're fly fishing, then you've encountered the romance of your life"
Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5778
02/07/2014 01:31 PM
02/07/2014 01:31 PM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
Originally posted by BREW...:
MONEY..... Plain and simple!!!!
I agree..........

and dressing up as a sheep ("I'm a hunter first") with a wolf tail sticking out the back end isn't helping either.

Site Administrator
www.indianaoutdoorsman.proboards.com

"Never argue with an idiot.....they will beat you with experience every time"
Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5779
02/07/2014 05:10 PM
02/07/2014 05:10 PM
owen county
G
gundude Offline
Watching Over You All
gundude  Offline
Watching Over You All
G
owen county
He's not a hunter.. just a wanna be. I said from the start this was All about money.wildlife be damned I guess.. funny this dude shows up right after his cause got shut down in Indiana. sombody remove this foolish troll

John Wayne.
Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5780
02/07/2014 05:36 PM
02/07/2014 05:36 PM
Y
Yaz Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Yaz  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Y
Indiana already has laws on the books about transport of harvested deer from out of state.

"Because CWD has been transmitted in experiments where healthy deer were exposed to skeletons of infected deer, bringing into Indiana the carcasses and/or parts of deer and other cervids harvested out-of-state is strictly limited by BOAH. Only the following may be brought into Indiana:"

Commercially processed meat, which may contain bone
Carcasses or parts of carcasses if no portion of the head, spinal cord or small intestine are attached or otherwise included
Carcasses or parts of carcasses that include the head, spinal cord or small intestine, if they are delivered within 72 hours after entry to one of the following:
A meat processor inspected by BOAH for processing
A commercial deer processor registered with the DNR for processing
A taxidermist licensed by the DNR
Antlers, including antlers attached to skull caps, if the skull cap is cleaned of all brain and muscle tissue
Hides
Upper canine teeth, also known as “buglers,” “whistlers,” or “ivories”
Finished taxidermist MOUNTS.

Now tell me its not a concern!!!!!!!!!

Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5781
02/07/2014 07:30 PM
02/07/2014 07:30 PM
T
Truth Offline
Truth  Offline
T
Hey Gundude, Maybe you will get lucky and the land i pick up will be right next door to your hunting grounds and then i can show ya what kind of a hunter i am!

Yaz, I know laws are on the books in most all states. Can you tell me how the state of Indiana is going about enforcing those laws to keep them out?

Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5782
02/25/2014 01:03 PM
02/25/2014 01:03 PM
Fishers, IN USA
D
DNA Offline
DNA  Offline
D
Fishers, IN USA
Originally posted by Truth:
Dont worry about a troll. How about you look at the facts and the truth. You can feel any way you wish but how about you live by the truth and not a bunch of smoke blown up your keester. I myself do not agree with alot that has gone on in the past but lets live by the truth. I hope your herd does not keep dwindling down from the real killer you should be worried about. Someday your state,like a few others my need your fellow deer farmer to help you repopulate your herd. Food for thought!
If we ever had to turn to the deer farmers to repopulate the herd we would be doomed. Those farm animals have been bred for only one trait and that is antlers' not being able to survive as a wild animals. Chickens are more elusive than these farm animals with antlers.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..."

THEODORE ROOSEVELT
Re: Indiana Hunting preserve Bills Dead in the Water #5783
02/25/2014 01:12 PM
02/25/2014 01:12 PM
owen county
G
gundude Offline
Watching Over You All
gundude  Offline
Watching Over You All
G
owen county
Amen

John Wayne.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bean, BowBo, jbwhttail, sticksender 

Newest Members
WV 67, Ehargis, Will, Joe, CGJones
2909 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics4,663
Posts49,845
Members2,909
Most Online188
Sep 19th, 2018
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 8 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)

Hunting lease liability insurance