LaPorte
B
bwana72 Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
bwana72  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
B
LaPorte
This thread seems to be dead so I thought I'd try and breathe a little life into it by talking about some recent product purchases. I'll get started by talking BOOTS. Many years(about 12) ago I went on a quest. A quest for the perfect hunting boots. I spent a bunch of money on several different pairs of boots looking for "The Right Ones". I bought Rockys,Brownings,Remington,Danner,and one or two other brands. None of which met up to my standards. Several of my buddies,and my brother were the fortunate recipients of my barely used boots. Then I did a little more research. And I read a bunch of stuff written by different guides out West and in Alaska. And many times when discussing boots,the name Meindl came up. Meindl boots are a family owned and operated business in Germany. Cabelas is about the only place that I know of that carries them. I had a Wild Boar hunt coming up so I went ahead and ordered a pair to start getting them ready for the trip. I ordered the MEINDL "Denalis". UPS finally came around and I was instantly impressed by their appearance and quality workmanship. And when I put them on for the first time I knew I had found MY BOOTS. Those Denalis and I put on many many miles. This past Winter after the hunting season was over,my wife was looking at them. They had pretty much had it. And sadly...I got rid of them. It was like saying good-bye to an old friend. But for Fathers Day my wife bought me a Brand Spanking New pair of Denalis. They have changed/updated them a little..but they are again...the best boots I have ever had the pleasure of putting my feet into. Also, a few months ago I bought a pair of MEINDL Lite Hikers for my upcoming Pronghorn hunt. And all I can say is...NICE. MEINDL boots are not cheap. So if all you care about is price tags...then they are probably not for you. But if you are someone who believes that your hunting experience many times comes down to your gear. And you would rather buy a pair of boots that will last you 10 years instead of two...then MEINDL BOOTS ARE FOR YOU !!! They simply are awesome. When I go on a out of state hunting trip,I always pay attention to what the guides are using. Their gear is what they make their living with. When I went on my Elk hunt a couple years ago...every one of the guides were wearing MEINDL's....Nuff said. MEINDL Boots from Cabelas....2 BIG THUMBS UP !!!

"I am not a great shot, I just shoot alot."
Re: Couple of Product Reviews #46662
07/08/2008 07:25 AM
07/08/2008 07:25 AM
Central Indy
H
HuntMeister Offline
Hoosier Hunter
HuntMeister  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
H
Central Indy
+1 on the Meindl boots. I have the perfekt hikers, by far the best boot I have ever purchased.

Re: Couple of Product Reviews #46663
07/12/2008 03:32 PM
07/12/2008 03:32 PM
Cass County
S
Steiny Offline
Steiny  Offline
S
Cass County
Yep !
I've got a pair that have been used for my western and AK hunting trips since 96'
Gonna buy another pair real soon, before going to AK.

Another good choice are the Koflach plastic mountaineering boots.

Stomping around the midwest is easy, a pair of knee high rubbers, or just about any old tough boot will work. It's a different story in the mountains. Those Rocky's or similar you thought were so nice nice might just spoil your hunt in the mountains.

Moderated by  BowBo 

Newest Members
WV 67, Ehargis, Will, Joe, CGJones
2909 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics4,662
Posts49,833
Members2,909
Most Online188
Sep 19th, 2018
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 18 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)

Hunting lease liability insurance