For the longest time I had terrible trouble with my deer meat being too chewy but it was never over-cooked (once I got the hang of grilling it). I went to a local grocer the other day and bought a tenderizer hammer and the tenderizer "salt" or whatever you call it and took two packaged deer loins from the same deer hammered one and put the tenderizer on it and did the other how I always did it just adding seasoning and grilled them both. The one I tenderized was the best deer steak I have ever eaten. the other one was still a bit chewy. But the tenderized one cooked a LOT quicker as expected but was left nice and juicy and a little red where as the other one seemed to dry up a lot even still being a little red in the middle.

Before it hit the grill I took the tenderizer hammer and I tenderized the deer on both sides flipping it a few times. After that I began adding my seasonings. I began by putting on some Lawry's Seasoned Salt on both sides. Then I added a little garlic salt, then proceed to put on the tenderizer salt. Once I had applied this to a side I lightly rubbed it all in to ensure it wasn't going to just come off on the plate. Once I put it on the grill cooking on the lowest heat possible, I let it sit for about 2 minutes on each side before flipping it. After the 2 minutes each side, I flipped it once a minute (roughly). The meat was done in about 4-5 minutes. It was just a little pink on the inside but it was the juiciest and most flavor filled deer steak I have ever ate!!

I may have found my new favorite way to have my deer steaks!! I'll post some pictures next time I make them!

"To some the woods is just a place. But to others, it's a second home."
Check me out on YouTube. I will hopefully be getting one up a week!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMGESEomotionSWnjt13juA