Willie Burgers!

This is a Bear family tradition for years,,,,, These guys are to die for! laugh

You will need.

1.Thin sliced back strap, roast, steak, any cut really, deer or beef! Just slice em like little very thin steaks and tenderize using a meat mallet.

2.Small buns to match meat size, the fresher and softer the better. Home made roles are du bomb.

3.Your favorite cheese, blue, Swiss, gorgonzola, Munster.

4.Bottle of red wine, for both the cooking and the cook. wink

5.Cast iron skillet with enough very hot oil to
cover the bottom, not smoking but very hot!

6.And plenty of guests to eat em hot right out of the skillet.

Cooking instructions

•It’s important to have all ingredients ready because they cook fast once you start.

•Using a meat tenderizer mallet pound out the thin steaks flat, I usually make mine about 2 or 3” across and pretty thin. Salt and pepper, I also use garlic powder.

•Slice buns and warm up in micro or stove.

•Put 3 or 4 steaks in the skillet with the hot oil, before flipping very carefully splash a small amount of red wine in the pan! Be careful as this is adding liquid to hot oil and will cause splashing!

•Once browned on one side flip, total cook time should only be 2 or 3 min max. Add your cheese, remove from pan and place directly on bun.

•Consume right away with a glass of the wine or a glass of Crown Royal on ice works also! :p

Enjoy!!!

P.S. The second and third batches are even better once your oil is seasoned. wink

Willie burgers were invented by a bartender named Willie in Salt Lake City Utah. laugh

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.