These may not be new for some, especially this first one. But I,m posting anyway. My first is simple, and a commonplace for many.

This can be done with any cut of venison, but preferred is loins or butterfly chops. A whole backstrap is also worthy for sure.

I take a loin, butterfly chop, lightly sprinkle with garlic salt, and SWEET basil. Wrap with bacon. Start at one end, over lap and spiral wrap, pin the end with a toothpick if needed or tuck in. Sprinkle again with garlic salt, to taste. Sometimes I will grate some garlic cloves and include that inside the bacon wrap. Fire the grill up and put em' on. No need for a spray as the bacon grease will keep from sticking. Keepin the grill around 300 degrees, keep turnin the bacon until its done, almost blackened in my case. The inside cut will still be tender and slightly pink. The bacon flares up alot while grillin, so keep yer water bottle handy for flame on a gas grill. I dont use my charcoal grill durin winter, just the propane grill. The flavors garlic, maple bacon and sweet basil compliment each other, add the venison, and its whoa...

A crappy pic but its off my cell phone the other day

[Linked Image]

EAT,SLEEP,FISH,
EAT,SLEEP,HUNT