08/23/2016 06:40 AM
08/23/2016 06:40 AM
NW Indiana & Chicago, IL
Stinger Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
Stinger  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
NW Indiana & Chicago, IL
I'm curious about Eotech sights and their quality. I have an AR that I haven't done much with and was thinking about a holographic sight and it seems that EOtech is affordable, but wondering about their quality.

I've read reviews and stuff, but wanted to post on here. Also considering Aimpoint as well.

Do you guys have experience with Eotech sights, any info on warranties, etc.

Thanks Guys!!

Deer Hunting since 1999 (Virginia, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Montana Antelope)

Marketing Guy in Chicago but grew up in Indiana/ Ball State.. blah blah blah.
Re: Wondering about EOTech #45431
08/23/2016 09:04 AM
08/23/2016 09:04 AM
Mooresville Indiana
W
Weedhopper Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Weedhopper  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
W
Mooresville Indiana
Bud of mine uses an EOtech sighting system on his turkey rig, and loves it. (not sure which model)

Brew coffee....not tards
Re: Wondering about EOTech #45432
08/23/2016 10:19 AM
08/23/2016 10:19 AM
The Swamps of South Ga!
BowBo Offline
Hoosier Hunter
BowBo  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
The Swamps of South Ga!
I have an Aimpoint on my Ruger Mark II Competition Target pistol.... for about 22yrs now.... TOP NOTCH quality!!! And have never had it move on me either!

Just call me Bo!
In the Spring I Strut ~ In the Fall I Rut!
Re: Wondering about EOTech #45433
08/23/2016 12:01 PM
08/23/2016 12:01 PM
N.E. Indiana, Spitting distanc...
hornharvester Offline
Hoosier Hunter
hornharvester  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
N.E. Indiana, Spitting distanc...
I have a Bushnell Holo Sight I bought the first year they were made. I paid right at $300.00 with taxes. Its been in a drawer most of its life. Has a single red dot, not the target recticle. The dot has 12 different light settings. I had it on a handgun but liked a scope better so its sat in a draw for most of its life. Great scope for an AR. If you or anyone else is interested $200.00 will buy it. h.h.

If you're not a hemorrhoid, get off my butt.
Re: Wondering about EOTech #45434
08/29/2016 11:35 AM
08/29/2016 11:35 AM
Southern IN
M
Moose1am Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Moose1am  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
M
Southern IN
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stinger:
[QB] I'm curious about Eotech sights and their quality.

I have the EOTech HS1 system and can give you some information. I have the EXPS 3-4 with the G33 magnifier. It works great if you have good eyesight and don't have any astigmatism in your eyes. But it's zero will shift up to 4 MOA if you expose the unit to extreme temperature variations. Mine did this when I stored it in my unheated garage for the winter and part of the summer. And the Crane Guys tested the EOTechs for this problem and found it too. In fact the US Military Sued the L3 company that makes the EOTech and EOTech ended up paying millions of dollars to the US Military. EOTech will honor the warranty from what I heard. They are warranted for two years. But I read that some guys have been able to return their units and get a full refund even after the warranty ended. YMMV though.

But the good news is that if you are using the EOTech for Close Quarter Combat type shooting the change in zero won't have much of an effect. I got mine for hunting coyotes at night and for up close actions. Plus you can always rezero the unit and shoot it as the temperature changes.

Now I keep my unit inside the house and in the case where it's temperature controlled for the most part. If I take it out to the shooting range in the fall or spring when the temperatures are nice I don't have to worry about the zero shifting much.

My unit is designed with a quick release so I take it off the rail after shooting and store it in the foam padded plastic box that it shipped in.

Some complain about the battery life but it warns if the battery is going down by blinking the lights. And the battery life last several months and the 123 batteries it uses are easy to find for me. I carry and extra 123 battery if I'm out hunting and need to replace the battery which only takes a minute to do.

I didn't turn my unit back into because I like it for what I got it for.

And with the G33 magnifier in use I can shoot sub MOA at the 200 yard ranges with the EOTech and the Ambush Firearms AR15 5.56 using M855 63 grain ammo. The Ambush Firearms rifle has a 1:7 twist rate so that's why I use the heavier bullets. The 55 grain bullets don't shoot as well in my gun.

Regards,

Moose1am

Moderated by  BowBo 

Newest Members
WV 67, Ehargis, Will, Joe, CGJones
2909 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics4,662
Posts49,833
Members2,909
Most Online188
Sep 19th, 2018
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 6 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)

Hunting lease liability insurance