Indpls,In US
J
jbwhttail Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
jbwhttail  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
J
Indpls,In US
The January 2008 issue of the IDHA news will ask for nominations and or volunteers to run for all IDHA board positions. Nominations for President, Vice President, Treasurer, Sectretary, Public Relations/Legislation. are all open as well as zone representatives. To qualify you need only to have been a paid member for the calander year of 2007.

You can also nominate or volunteer by emailing InIDHA@aol.com until Feb20 2008.

I will no longer set on the IDHA board in any position, time for a change.

Joe Bacon

President IDHA

When science meets tradition there will be sparks.....
Re: Elections #40297
01/03/2008 02:41 PM
01/03/2008 02:41 PM
Bartholomew County
P
powderfinger Offline
powderfinger  Offline
P
Bartholomew County
Thanks for all you've done for deer hunting, Joe. Sorry to see you leave.

Delaney taking over?

Re: Elections #40298
01/03/2008 05:04 PM
01/03/2008 05:04 PM
Indianapois, IN, USA
D
delaney Offline
Hoosier Hunter
delaney  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
D
Indianapois, IN, USA
Not hardly! I have too many other things to be working on and concerned about. Frankly, it's easier being on one's own then being a part of an organizational structure. With as many days as I'm at the Statehouse this year interfacing with legislators, I feel better about being somewhat on my own. Now, I will continue to be member of a number of organizations in the hunting world, but as a leader, no thanks. It's a thankless job, especially if you want to represent that average guy in the field. I'm not about shooting or about the number of harvests or bragging about a buck or doe or duck. Instead, there are bigger concerns such as conservation and how the non-hunting public looks at the sport. I have grown exceedingly tired of the average guy in the field that only cares about himself and won't lift a finger to help the sport. Sorry, but I am much, much more effective on my own, as Joe may now be on his own, then being hamstrung by being a leader of an organization. My guess is that joe and I and a few others will be more effective in the future then we have been in the recent past. Joe and DNA have done more then I could have ever dreamed of doing. Don't think for a minute that Joe is going to be drifting off into the sunset with any influence. He'll be more influential now then ever before.

"Fishing is like a one night stand, unless you're fly fishing, then you've encountered the romance of your life"
Re: Elections #40299
03/27/2008 06:45 AM
03/27/2008 06:45 AM
Fishers, IN USA
D
DNA Offline
DNA  Offline
D
Fishers, IN USA
Originally posted by delaney:
Not hardly! I have too many other things to be working on and concerned about. Frankly, it's easier being on one's own then being a part of an organizational structure. With as many days as I'm at the Statehouse this year interfacing with legislators, I feel better about being somewhat on my own. Now, I will continue to be member of a number of organizations in the hunting world, but as a leader, no thanks. It's a thankless job, especially if you want to represent that average guy in the field. I'm not about shooting or about the number of harvests or bragging about a buck or doe or duck. Instead, there are bigger concerns such as conservation and how the non-hunting public looks at the sport. I have grown exceedingly tired of the average guy in the field that only cares about himself and won't lift a finger to help the sport. Sorry, but I am much, much more effective on my own, as Joe may now be on his own, then being hamstrung by being a leader of an organization. My guess is that joe and I and a few others will be more effective in the future then we have been in the recent past. Joe and DNA have done more then I could have ever dreamed of doing. Don't think for a minute that Joe is going to be drifting off into the sunset with any influence. He'll be more influential now then ever before.
I had not seen this. Dave this is a classic. laugh laugh laugh

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..."

THEODORE ROOSEVELT

Moderated by  jbwhttail, Siscokid 

Newest Members
WV 67, Ehargis, Will, Joe, CGJones
2909 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics4,662
Posts49,833
Members2,909
Most Online188
Sep 19th, 2018
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 6 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)

Hunting lease liability insurance