Hoosier Hunter
PlainField, IN
DNR News
Division of Law Enforcement

Indiana Department of Natural Resources
402 W. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2748

For immediate release: November 8, 2014

TIP Leads to Trophy Buck Seized (Adams Co.)

Indiana Conservation Officer Andrew Harmon is investigating a trophy buck poached in Northern Adams County. The buck is believed to score between 150”-160” by Pope and Young standards.

Through the use of the Indiana DNR Law Enforcement Divisions TIP (Turn in a Poacher) hotline Officer Harmon received information that a trophy buck was killed illegally in an area baited with food and minerals.

Following up on the TIP information, Officer Harmon located the area and found corn and mineral attractant in the area of a tree stand. Further investigation showed the suspected hunter to have killed a trophy buck, and photos were located showing the hunter holding a trophy buck.

During patrol on 11/5/14 Officer Harmon contacted the suspect in his vehicle, and a subsequent field interview led the suspect to admit he took the trophy buck. Further interviewing led to an admission that the deer was killed in the same woods and same area Officer Harmon had found baited.

The antlers of the trophy buck were seized and charges are pending with the Adams County Prosecutors office.

[img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/nixle/uploads/pub_media/user31979-1415478998-media1[/img]

Media contact:
ICO Jake Carlile
260-498-0250
jcarlile@dnr.in.gov

Guardian Of The One Buck Rule & Gunseason
"Some people just need a good *** whoopin. It keeps the planets aligned"
Re: TIP Leads to Trophy Buck Seized (Adams Co.) #40215
11/10/2014 09:54 PM
11/10/2014 09:54 PM
Indy
I
IndyNate Offline
IndyNate  Offline
I
Indy
NOOOOOOOOOO, I heard he was big but hadn't seen a picture. This buck was literally taken in the next section over from the one I hunt. So disheartening for the ethical hunters. My dad and I have stands about a quarter of a mile away while this person thinks he can do whatever he wants.

Please post name if its been released. I'm almost positive I know who it is but would like the confirmation. Hope they take his equipment and vehicle along with the deer.

Congrats Officer Harmon...Job well done. If there are other shady bastards in my area please get them as well! Keep up the good fight.

Moderated by  HatchetJack, varmint101 

Newest Members
WV 67, Ehargis, Will, Joe, CGJones
2909 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics4,663
Posts49,842
Members2,909
Most Online188
Sep 19th, 2018
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 4 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)

Hunting lease liability insurance