Ellettsville
G
Goosepond_Monster Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
Goosepond_Monster  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
G
Ellettsville
My brother has shown an interest in hunting and he is of the age where you are required to take the Hunter Education course to obtain a hunting license. I am old enough that is not a requirement for me, but when I was in junior high they taught the class over two days in the cafeteria at Bloomfield. You didn't have to participate, but most everyone in my class did. I don't know if this was common or not, but my wife said they did the same thing when she was in the junior high at Carlisle. I'm going to guess this was something that happened at more of the rural schools. I thought my brother and I could do the online course and just fly through it. Nope, every section is timed and you cannot move on until the clock counts down. We didn't have time to finish it, so I told him I'd find a class that worked for us and I would go with him. I figured I could use a refresher. The class took place at the Outdoorsman in Greenwood. I really enjoyed it. I learned a few things and was more than happy to be there to help pass on something to my brother. I was proud of him in that he scored a 98/100 on the test. I aced it, but I would have been mad at myself had I not. It was a little rough sitting there for most of the day, but I think I'd rather do that than the normal broken down to two to three days that they normally do the class.

On to the point of my post, I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of kids there to take the class. I'd say they ranged in age from 5 to 15. I know that probably not all of those kids will become hunters, but they at least showed enough interest to sit through the class for an entire day and take the test to obtain their Hunter Education card. Many of them had a parent there to take the class with them. I am sure many of them were in the same boat as me in that they were not required to take the course, but were there for their kid. A couple of the folks were recognized, because they were there for their kid and the parent raised their hand to say they had no interest in hunting. For any of you that have been to the Outdoorsman to their upstairs archery range, that is where the class took place. The room was full of tables with six chairs per table. There were very, very few empty seats. Kudos to the INHEA for a great program and kudos to those parents/neighbors/friends/brothers/sisters/uncles/aunts/etc. who are there to pass hunting on to a youngster.

Re: A Bright Future #40193
10/16/2012 04:48 PM
10/16/2012 04:48 PM
McCordsville
B
birdy Offline
birdy  Offline
B
McCordsville
Originally posted by Goosepond_Monster:
My brother has shown an interest in hunting and he is of the age where you are required to take the Hunter Education course to obtain a hunting license. I am old enough that is not a requirement for me, but when I was in junior high they taught the class over two days in the cafeteria at Bloomfield. You didn't have to participate, but most everyone in my class did. I don't know if this was common or not, but my wife said they did the same thing when she was in the junior high at Carlisle. I'm going to guess this was something that happened at more of the rural schools. I thought my brother and I could do the online course and just fly through it. Nope, every section is timed and you cannot move on until the clock counts down. We didn't have time to finish it, so I told him I'd find a class that worked for us and I would go with him. I figured I could use a refresher. The class took place at the Outdoorsman in Greenwood. I really enjoyed it. I learned a few things and was more than happy to be there to help pass on something to my brother. I was proud of him in that he scored a 98/100 on the test. I aced it, but I would have been mad at myself had I not. It was a little rough sitting there for most of the day, but I think I'd rather do that than the normal broken down to two to three days that they normally do the class.

On to the point of my post, I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of kids there to take the class. I'd say they ranged in age from 5 to 15. I know that probably not all of those kids will become hunters, but they at least showed enough interest to sit through the class for an entire day and take the test to obtain their Hunter Education card. Many of them had a parent there to take the class with them. I am sure many of them were in the same boat as me in that they were not required to take the course, but were there for their kid. A couple of the folks were recognized, because they were there for their kid and the parent raised their hand to say they had no interest in hunting. For any of you that have been to the Outdoorsman to their upstairs archery range, that is where the class took place. The room was full of tables with six chairs per table. There were very, very few empty seats. Kudos to the INHEA for a great program and kudos to those parents/neighbors/friends/brothers/sisters/uncles/aunts/etc. who are there to pass hunting on to a youngster.
Thanks for the report!!! Great to hear!!

Moderated by  HatchetJack, varmint101 

Newest Members
WV 67, Ehargis, Will, Joe, CGJones
2909 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics4,662
Posts49,833
Members2,909
Most Online188
Sep 19th, 2018
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 6 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)

Hunting lease liability insurance