05/29/2008 08:12 AM
Atlanta, IN, USA
jkd Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
jkd  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
Administrator
Atlanta, IN, USA
Got this e-mail about this year's State Fair Fishing Pond event. I've worked this event the past two years, and it's a blast working with the kids... help out if you can!

Kirk
-------------------------------------------

Hi, my name is Leland Kinnett and I am the new 2008 DNR State Fair Fishing Pond Coordinator. I am working under Kacie Ehrenberger, the Go FishIN Coordinator, and the time has come to get all the volunteers out to make the 2008 Pond a great success. This is the 3rd year for our fishing pond, and the previous help that past volunteers have offered has been tremendous, and we are excited and looking forward to seeing all the volunteers at the fair again. The Indiana State fair will run from August 6 to August 17 this year. We host two shifts for the fishing pond one in the morning from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and one in the evening from 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. On the dates of August 6 (Wednesday) and August 9 (Saturday) there will be no A.M. fishing.

There are six available volunteer positions this year, which is somewhat different from last year when we only had five volunteers. We are adding a tent for Angler's Legacy this year, which is a program that aims at getting adults involved with fishing by teaching someone how to fish, or by taking someone new fishing every year. This national campaign for adults is a great cause to help fulfill part of DNR's mission. The other volunteer positions remain the same as last year and they are as follows:

Instructors: DNR Staff who will introduce DNR, and talk about fishing and what the kids will do once they get to the pond. (talking points are available ahead of time)

Fishing: Help 1-2 kids fish for 15 minutes, and every 15 minutes of the shift.

Arts and Crafts: Help kids do a craft activity when they are done fishing, and pass out a gift bag for the kids.

Equipment: Sit in shade under a tent, and help repair poles. (Mostly be putting on new hooks.)

Registration: Sign-up kids to fish, get their names and info, and place on a wrist band.

There is no experience needed to do any of the jobs. We offer optional training in late July for all volunteers who plan to attend the fair. All volunteers receive a free ticket to get into the fair on the days they volunteer, and the ticket is good for the entire day. All volunteers will also be provided with a t-shirt to wear doing their shift.

Please contact me at LKinnett@dnr.IN.gov with all your contact information (name, phone, and address), which shift(s) you would like to volunteer for, the day(s) you would like to volunteer, and the job you would like to work. Also let me know if you will be bringing any other volunteers along with you, and please provide the above information. Thanks for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you soon and making the 2008 DNR State Fair Fishing Pond an experience to remember.

Member of The Great White Tail Hunters - highly skilled, dedicated firearms whitetail hunter, and proud of it...
Re: Volunteers Needed for 2008 State Fair Fishing Pond #40116
06/24/2008 05:44 PM
06/24/2008 05:44 PM
Rossville,IN.,
H
Huntinfool Offline
Huntinfool  Offline
H
Rossville,IN.,
My wife and I are signed up for 2 different days already. We have done it each year. - Huntinfool

Re: Volunteers Needed for 2008 State Fair Fishing Pond #40117
06/24/2008 06:47 PM
06/24/2008 06:47 PM
indianapolis,in, usa
H
HatchetJack Offline
HatchetJack  Offline
H
indianapolis,in, usa
I worked 5 different days last year and more the year before. Great program and the best entertainment you'll get at the State Fair!!!! Any Pheasant Forever members get with me as we are going out on Sunday the 10th in the afternoon to work the pond again this year.

HatchetJack

There's a reason I like dogs better'n people... .

Moderated by  HatchetJack, varmint101 

Newest Members
WV 67, Ehargis, Will, Joe, CGJones
2909 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics4,663
Posts49,845
Members2,909
Most Online188
Sep 19th, 2018
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 10 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)

Hunting lease liability insurance