Ladies and Gentlemen,

For your information we will be starting an Indiana Conservation Officer Recruit School next month. We are anxious to get these new Officers properly trained and in their County assignments. While we have reduced the time frame for that to become a reality it is still a very timely endeavor, taking approximately six months to complete the various training phases.

We will be starting another hiring process shortly after this one starts. That process will include tests, physicals, swim test, background investigations, interviews, and polygraphs.

My reason for contacting this group is to ask for your assistance as we search for qualified candidates to join our ranks now and into the future. We are actively recruiting at every opportunity, (and some of you have heard me firsthand) whether in a group setting or one on one. I have ask my personnel to not only address groups, but to mentor individuals who show an interest, regardless of the age. We are searching out individuals who will have a genuine interest in what Indiana Conservation Officers. Who better to help us than the sportsmen and women of Indiana!

If you know a young man or woman you think might have an interest in becoming an ICO, whether they are ready now, or have a few years to go, we’d like to get them the information and answers they need, today.

The link below will take you to our recruiting website that has a lot of information and contact information. It includes three informational videos we have developed to help get the information out.

Please feel free to share this information as you deem appropriate.

As always, thanks for your support and assistance to your Indiana Conservation Officers. Feel free to contact me, or better yet your local Officer on this and any other matter you may have questions or concerns about.

http://www.in.gov/dnr/lawenfor/2760.htm

Scotty

Colonel Scotty Wilson
Director - Law Enforcement Division
Indiana Department of Natural Resources

There's a reason I like dogs better'n people... .