Print Thread
Coyote Calls - Dog Repellants #27179
03/15/2016 04:28 PM
03/15/2016 04:28 PM
John Scifres Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
John Scifres  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
So I got me a coyote call from a member here, thanks!

I didn't call any yotes in but it sure is awesome for shutting the freakin' yips yaps up in my neighborhood. I'll admit to a certain dislike of most dogs but I detest yippers or really any dog that barks and barks. Of course the "masters" are to blame but still.

So now when I am outside and they get going, I turn that call up all the way and start in with a pack howl and they shut right up. Makes me smile every time smile

Re: Coyote Calls - Dog Repellants #27180
03/15/2016 04:37 PM
03/15/2016 04:37 PM
Hancock Co.
trapperDave Offline
Hoosier Hunter
trapperDave  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Hancock Co.
Lol

Join us on my Facebook group....OUTDOORS in INDIANA

formerly known as Indiana hunting, fishing and trapping
Re: Coyote Calls - Dog Repellants #27181
03/16/2016 05:27 AM
03/16/2016 05:27 AM
Montgomery County
76chevy Offline
Hoosier Hunter
76chevy  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Montgomery County
sweet!

Re: Coyote Calls - Dog Repellants #27182
03/16/2016 03:13 PM
03/16/2016 03:13 PM
Mooresville,in.usa
M
maddogmech Offline
Hoosier Hunter
maddogmech  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
M
Mooresville,in.usa
LOL thats funny !!!! Love it...

Re: Coyote Calls - Dog Repellants #27183
03/22/2016 03:09 PM
03/22/2016 03:09 PM
Southern IN
M
Moose1am Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Moose1am  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
M
Southern IN
Originally posted by John Scifres:
So I got me a coyote call from a member here, thanks!

I didn't call any yotes in but it sure is awesome for shutting the freakin' yips yaps up in my neighborhood. I'll admit to a certain dislike of most dogs but I detest yippers or really any dog that barks and barks. Of course the "masters" are to blame but still.

So now when I am outside and they get going, I turn that call up all the way and start in with a pack howl and they shut right up. Makes me smile every time smile
I've got a little rat terrier down the street that's barking all the time. I'll have to try that on him. It's crazy how such a little dog can be so **** loud.

We use to have this big dog in the neighborhood and it was really mean. It was aggressive. I was playing with my FX3 one time and played a Mountain Lion in Heat sound on the FoxPro FX. The dog came out of it's yard and ran down the street towards my house. He stopped in the road in front of my house and just starred at my house where the caller was sitting on the front porch out of sight. Finally the dog went back home. As soon as it was out of sight behind the owner's bushes I turned the caller back on. Within seconds the dog was back out in front of my house again. LOL I played with this dog for a while. A few weeks later I learned that the dog got run over by a car that it was chasing. So I've not been able to tease it anymore.

Regards,

Moose1am
Re: Coyote Calls - Dog Repellants #27184
04/05/2016 03:42 PM
04/05/2016 03:42 PM
Southern IN
M
Moose1am Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Moose1am  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
M
Southern IN
Well I got the Shockwave out and found the meanest coyote vocal I could find and played it. I pointed both the movable speakers at the neighbors barking dogs and turned up the volume.

The neighborhood kids were out riding their bikes and the little wiener dogs who were outside in a fenced in area were going crazy barking at the kids. These dogs have been annoying me ever since these people moved into the neighborhood acorss the street from my house. The man that lives there is a snob or a loner and never even looks at other people let alone waves hi to anyone. His wife works at the local school and is friendly and sociable. His grown up kids drive their vehicle though the yard to leave and don't bother to use their gravel driveway.

So when the dogs didn't stop barking yesterday I got the FoxPro out and turned the speakers toward their house and played a bunch of new animal sounds at them. After about 5 to 10 minutes the man came out to see what the racket was all about. He didn't say anything and after looking my way he went back behind their garage from where he came. I think he got the message loud and clear. Evidently he doesn't care if his dogs bark all day long and disturb the neighborhood. He never made any attempt to shut the dogs up. And the coyote calls didn't silence them either. But at least I got on the owners nerves a bit as pay back for having to listen to his **** dogs all day long for the last two or three years.

But those little wiener dogs are not afraid of the coyote vocals as it only made them bark back at me more. They never slowed down. Maybe one day when a real coyote shows up he might jump over their little fence and eat them for dinner. That is nature in action.

Now a long time ago when I first moved into my current home my next door neighbors had a wiener dog that would bark. But we slept with a fan running in the bedroom and never heard that dog barking. We got along great with the neighbors and even went on vacations with them. They were good people. But the other neighbor right on the other side of them complained all the time about their barking wiener dog. We told that guy to buy a fan and use it but all he did was complain.

So maybe I need to get me another fan? Then the barking dogs won't bother me anymore.

But I still think that if one wants to own a dog they should train them to not bark all the time. I owned many dogs in the past and if they were put outside and started to bark I'd go outside and make them shut up. Two were Big German Shepherds that I trained myself. And when I told them to shut up they knew that they better listen to me or they would get a hand flipped across their nose. That would make them stop barking.

If you have a dog it would be wise to buy the book by Cesar Malone on how to train your dog.
https://www.cesarsway.com/dog-training/obedience/5-essential-commands-you-can-teach-your-dog

Regards,

Moose1am

Moderated by  BowBo, Ma-Ta-Ho-Ne 

Newest Members
WV 67, Ehargis, Will, Joe, CGJones
2909 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics4,663
Posts49,838
Members2,909
Most Online188
Sep 19th, 2018
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 4 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)

Hunting lease liability insurance