se indiana
T
THROBAK Offline
Hoosier Hunter
THROBAK  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
T
se indiana
Dew ;6 years only 6 days to kill your buck I get you Point but Not everyone hunts to Kill ? If that's what you want fine Myself I like hunting when I want to during the long season instead of when I would have to dictated by a short season!!What's wrong with Indianas Management ??Sounds like it's pretty good if That's all the time it takes for you to get your trophy

Re: Deer harvest so far #14981
12/22/2016 07:03 AM
12/22/2016 07:03 AM
PlainField, IN
BREW... Offline
Hoosier Hunter
BREW...  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
PlainField, IN
Exactly....

Guardian Of The One Buck Rule & Gunseason
"Some people just need a good *** whoopin. It keeps the planets aligned"
Re: Deer harvest so far #14982
12/22/2016 11:00 AM
12/22/2016 11:00 AM
Shelbyville, Indiana
B
Bryan78 Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Bryan78  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
B
Shelbyville, Indiana
Originally posted by pav:
I highly doubt one would find many deer hunters in Iowa or Ohio (or Illinois or Kansas) that, given the choice, would be willing to trade their deer regs for the "management system" Indiana is currently saddled with.

Born and raised here, but have deer hunted all of the states listed above multiple times. Indiana has absolutely no business being the same conversation when it comes to deer management. That's more than two decades of in-the-field experience talking....not an opinion based on something I read on the internet or heard from an acquaintance.

Dew may never be accused of having a "politically correct" personality...but there is ALOT of truth in what he's saying.
I'm not saying that hunters in other states want to trade management practices, but, if their hunters are complaining about the management of their herds, then what makes their rules better than ours?...

If we adopted their rules everyone who cries and moans on this site now, will continue to do so...

Re: Deer harvest so far #14983
12/22/2016 11:52 AM
12/22/2016 11:52 AM
Seymour
P
pav Offline
Hoosier Hunter
pav  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
P
Seymour
Originally posted by Bryan78:
[b] I highly doubt one would find many deer hunters in Iowa or Ohio (or Illinois or Kansas) that, given the choice, would be willing to trade their deer regs for the "management system" Indiana is currently saddled with.

Born and raised here, but have deer hunted all of the states listed above multiple times. Indiana has absolutely no business being the same conversation when it comes to deer management. That's more than two decades of in-the-field experience talking....not an opinion based on something I read on the internet or heard from an acquaintance.

Dew may never be accused of having a "politically correct" personality...but there is ALOT of truth in what he's saying.
I'm not saying that hunters in other states want to trade management practices, but, if their hunters are complaining about the management of their herds, then what makes their rules better than ours?...

If we adopted their rules everyone who cries and moans on this site now, will continue to do so... [/b]
We have zero chance of adopting any rules which will put an end to 100% of the moaning and complaining. It's just human nature to complain.
I have no delusions of that happening...or desire to even make an attempt.

Resident hunters tend to be "conditioned" to the resident regs. I used to be as guilty of that as anyone. Then I started hunting other states and saw first hand what deer hunting in Indiana could be. It's not just about big antlers...but big antlers are definitely a by product of sound deer management.

I would encourage anyone...if you ever get the chance, have this discussion with a REAL deer biologist. I'm not talking about a state employee on a political gag order...I'm talking about a private sector deer biologist that actually manages a deer herd in the best interest, which includes carrying capacity and age structure, of the resource.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Re: Deer harvest so far #14984
12/22/2016 01:19 PM
12/22/2016 01:19 PM
Indpls,In US
J
jbwhttail Offline
Hoosier Hunter
jbwhttail  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Indpls,In US
I would encourage anyone...if you ever get the chance, have this discussion with a REAL deer biologist. I'm not talking about a state employee on a political gag order...I'm talking about a private sector deer biologist that actually manages a deer herd in the best interest, which includes carrying capacity and age structure, of the resource.

Best post of this entire thread......

REAL deer biologists just shake their heads.

When science meets tradition there will be sparks.....
Re: Deer harvest so far #14985
12/22/2016 03:21 PM
12/22/2016 03:21 PM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
Originally posted by jjas:
Dew as I say, not as I Dew
[b]......as you just are obsessed with me.....
Really? This from a grown man who (according to his latest post) apparently talks with his "friends" about me, checks on the forum several times a day to see if/what I've posted, and then posts a diatribe addressed @ me (according to the forum clock) @ 2:42 AM.

I don't know if you were drinking or something, but you might want to re-read your latest post and see if the conclusion you came to earlier still makes sense to you.... [/b]
Sorry jjas........ couldn't get to you till now. Touring schools today with the new family coming over from Illinois.

As for your post...... I was the one driving yesterday, my buddies were the ones looking at your posts as they had no idea who you were.... and the entertainment level in the truck was at an all time high with them as they saw you floundering on what to do.....and then resorted to lies as a last ditch effort to look credible once again. They were just reading out loud the stuff you were spewing...... I guess for them the entertainment value could have looked like an obsession of what you posted for awhile.

As for the "drinking while typing"..... hmmmm, really? I've treated those with addictions for over 31 years in the industry I work in..... and I learned a long time ago that alcohol or drugs is NOT something to mess with..... as you will find no source of such in my home. So.... throw some more zhit my way..... once again, it won't stick. Interesting how you'll throw that kind of accusation my way........ but not even confronting your little minions that make Booze/Beer/Alcohol their ID here and make it clear that "violent beatings of others" is ok as it helps keep the planets aligned. You keep some pretty "healthy" company jjas :rolleyes: . But no worries...... I was as sober as they get at almost 3am in the morning as I was checking work emails, weather, my ebay account and had some time to send you a response. I was up late anyways from traveling...... it took no longer than 5 min of typing to clear up your antics again. I'll have to let the others I typed to last night at work, and family that I must be "obsessed" with them and must have been drinking as I spent more time typing to them than to you jjas last night....... LOL!!

Gotta wrap some Christmas Gifts........ tis' the season.... cool

Site Administrator
www.indianaoutdoorsman.proboards.com

"Never argue with an idiot.....they will beat you with experience every time"
Re: Deer harvest so far #14986
12/22/2016 03:25 PM
12/22/2016 03:25 PM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
Originally posted by Bryan78:
Originally posted by Scarlett Dew:
[b]I stand corrected........ I should not have said "ALL"........ I should have said "MORE"....
I don't know... I think "MORE" might even be stretching it a bit...

I'd put their hunter satisfaction on par with ours... You might be having a great experience when you go there to hunt, but it sure doesn't sound like the rest of the hunters in the state are... [/b]
You've used links from Ohiosportsman.com...... probably one of the largest groups of Ohio deer hunters on the web. Put up a post saying it would be in the best interest of Ohio to go to a 30+ day season you could use a gun or a Muzzy..... leave it up for 30 days and get back with us on what happens.

Keep in mind there will always be a little squabbling from little pieces of this and that in any deer hunting state ( I agree with you on that) ....... but slam them with that 30+ gun days change and see what they do.... wink

Site Administrator

Re: Deer harvest so far #14987
12/22/2016 03:48 PM
12/22/2016 03:48 PM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
I highly doubt one would find many deer hunters in Iowa or Ohio (or Illinois or Kansas) that, given the choice, would be willing to trade their deer regs for the "management system" Indiana is currently saddled with.

I can remember my first year hunting in Ohio...... my friend with me was a measurer for P&Y, B&C and HRB. We were very familiar with Kosciusko County's deer that were checked in....and at the time, most were checked in at one location in Warsaw called Albertson's Sport shop. They always had a contest going... and pics of up the bigger deer in that contest..... most years there were 15-20 P&Y deer checked in all season......and about every 3-4 years you'd see a Gross Boone come in.

As my buddy and I rolled into Ohio that first year to hunt......... we left about November 10th. The little gas station in town had a small check station for the county and a board up for putting up your pics that were deer checked in. When we left early in November to come back home...... There were 34 deer on that board that were P&Y deer, and two NET Boone's. Theeee absolute SCAREY and mind blowing part of that was ........ gun season, and muzzy season hadn't even happened yet!!! eek And if that wasn't enough to blow our minds...... that little gas station and little check station was only 1 of 8 check stations in that County. eek eek eek

Changed me forever...... cool

Every farm we leased had P&Y, OBBC (HRB equivalent) and some Booners........ and one farm had 13 hunters that had it the year before us. The regs made the difference....... everyone in the area had a chance for "the dream buck". Hunting was "SO unpopular" and "so many upset" about the regs...... the local schools closed up for opening day as most kids were out enjoying those "terrible regs". LOL!!!

10 years later........ those farms have netted me 4 P&Y entries, 4 OBBC entries, and 1 Booner entry........All with Archery gear.

And there are those walking around in here wanting to keep others from having that type of experience....... and resort to lies and distortion to build their case.

Most are now catching on....... there is a better way. cool

Site Administrator

Re: Deer harvest so far #14988
12/22/2016 04:08 PM
12/22/2016 04:08 PM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
Originally posted by THROBAK:
What's wrong with Indianas Management ??Sounds like it's pretty good if That's all the time it takes for you to get your trophy
The only thing that is wrong is the length of gun/muzzy seasons..... my success isn't because of Indiana's regs......it's because of MY regs I follow on MY properties during gun season and doe tag #'s I set for my properties. EVERY hunter in my counties I own or lease in want to hunt my properties because they follow Indiana regs for gun season length and doe tags to be filled, or have neighbors that follow Indiana regs for gun season and doe tags to be filled........and they WRECK their properties by following Indiana regs when it comes to gun days and doe tag limits....

It's like having a 100 mph speed limit in Indiana and everyone starts driving at 100 mph.... and getting killed off left and right........ and then get pizzed I'm still alive and thriving cause I self impose still a 55 mph limit on myself.

People want the "prize"........but they don't want the "work" or "discipline".

As Bobby Knight used to say....... "everyone wants to play on Saturday, but nobody wants to come to practice".

Site Administrator

Re: Deer harvest so far #14989
12/22/2016 07:57 PM
12/22/2016 07:57 PM
Hancock Co.
trapperDave Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
trapperDave  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
Hancock Co.
Jesus Christ, Dew....do you ever shut up?

On and on and on and on......

Join us on my Facebook group....OUTDOORS in INDIANA

formerly known as Indiana hunting, fishing and trapping
Re: Deer harvest so far #14990
12/22/2016 08:01 PM
12/22/2016 08:01 PM
Hancock Co.
trapperDave Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
trapperDave  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
Hancock Co.
Back to the original topic, 114,110 have now been checked in.

Re: Deer harvest so far #14991
12/23/2016 06:33 AM
12/23/2016 06:33 AM
Jennings County
A
APIbowhunter Offline
APIbowhunter  Offline
A
Jennings County
Dew, you said your success isn't because of Indiana's regs but the regs that you set for your properties. My question is, isn't the responsibility to manage our own properties on us no matter what and Indiana's responsibility to manage the total state wide deer herd?

You obviously only hunt deer for the antlers and bragging rights. My guess is you don't even eat deer meat which is fine. All of your arguments are based around managing for big bucks. That can be accomplished by managing your own properties and has absolutely nothing to do with the state regs. In my family between my kids and I we can kill a lot of deer however we killed 4 and called it a season. Just because the seasons are long and weapon of choice are numerous doesn't mean the herd gets wiped out. I just don't understand your argument except that you only want big bucks.

Re: Deer harvest so far #14992
12/23/2016 06:41 AM
12/23/2016 06:41 AM
se indiana
T
THROBAK Offline
Hoosier Hunter
THROBAK  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
T
se indiana
If my deer hunting was determined by the least amount of time in the Woods to kill the biggest buck I could I would Quit . That is a pathetic analogy of a successful season ,And to expect everyone to be like you is equally pathetic ,^^^^^^

Re: Deer harvest so far #14993
12/23/2016 10:42 AM
12/23/2016 10:42 AM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
Originally posted by trapperDave:
Jesus Christ, Dew....do you ever shut up?

.....and if I was typing what you wanted to hear, I'd be your "best buddy". As a grown man, I would suggest you just ignore what I post.... as it's not meant to cause you misery.

..... unless you DESERVE misery..... wink

Site Administrator

Re: Deer harvest so far #14994
12/23/2016 11:12 AM
12/23/2016 11:12 AM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
Originally posted by APIbowhunter:

You obviously only hunt deer for the antlers and bragging rights.

1) No I don't hunt for just antlers and big bucks..... in fact, most of my deer (usually at least 2-3 does per 1 buck) are does that I kill. I run a "healthy herd" operation on my farms...... and yes a by-product is older bucks, and also "middle aged" bucks and yearling bucks.......AND...... older does, middle aged does and yearling does. Balance is what I am after. I tend to target older bucks and older does when I go to harvest animals each fall. Most "just hunt with a number of deer in mind" like you........ I however hunt with a "purpose in mind". Nothing wrong with how you hunt..... but I am after a different end result than just "how many deer are in my freezer". There are more and more of hunters like me walking around these days...... and we are targets of slang terms and slang false statements as those with lesser goals and lesser effort don't want to deal with that on "them".

My guess is you don't even eat deer meat which is fine.

2) I do eat deer meat....and I process my own meat....... and I process deer for landowners and relatives too. My friends and I process around 10-15 deer a year. It's good fellowship... and feels good to give back. Wish more hunters did that.

All of your arguments are based around managing for big bucks.

3) Please see response #1. I do like seeing and hunting a more mature animal though. It's more rewarding to have harvested an animal that took some effort behind it both in skill and years of hard work/foodplots/winter feeding and such. It's neat to have some history with the bucks I'm hunting.......AND.......it's neat to make some pretty cool friends with your neighbors as they get into this too. AWESOME night in my basement as I get area land owners that border my property together as we have some Coke and Chips and look at 100's of trail cam pics through the summer..... and we all decide together what deer we shoot.....and what deer we let walk. That took work too in developing those friendships. It' pizzzes people off that I am willing to be nice to others. Crazy huh!!! smile

That can be accomplished by managing your own properties and has absolutely nothing to do with the state regs.

4) You're right....what I do has nothing to do with the state regs. What my dream is though is for EVERYONE that would at least like the chance to have what I have.......but are plagued with neighbors like jjas who could care less about gun season length, and filling tags galore, and could care less to partner up with several neighbors to accomplish a balanced/healthy herd. People like jjas and Trapperdave say they want you to feel good if you get your meat, get to hunt, get your memories, and get a trophy once in awhile.........BUT...... if you get TOOO many big deer, then that becomes a problem for them due to ego problems they themselves have...... and is NOT the ego problem of the guy/gal that gets a Big Buck every year.....but the jjas's and Trapperdaves of the world will never admit that. The other thing that goes along with this is THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH LIKING TO KILL A BIG BUCK EVERY YEAR!!! cool If that's what you want....then do it. smile You don't see me belittling people in here that shoot small bucks or are just in it for memories year after year do you?? NOPE!! I say "good for you". And it's just the same for those that like a Big Deer year after year........ good for them too!! So.....for all you "selfish" hunters out there that just want regs for Dink Bucks, Smaller Herds, and a Ton of Memories....... A growing number of us would like to see some regs that help "Mature Deer" along too......and there is nothing wrong with that......... unless your ego can't handle that like jjas and Trapperdave's demonstrate. With more Mature Bucks walking around, you'd still have plenty of dinks and does to shoot and can still make plenty of memories...Right???? Enough on that........ you get the point.

In my family between my kids and I we can kill a lot of deer however we killed 4 and called it a season. Just because the seasons are long and weapon of choice are numerous doesn't mean the herd gets wiped out.

5) Good for you!! You enjoy the way you're hunting. Cutting the number of gun days down a bit will not lower your ability to get your 4 deer each year. I hope you continue to get 4 if you want that.

I just don't understand your argument except that you only want big bucks.

6) I hope I explained enough earlier on this question. Glad you asked.

I numbered my responses to your questions.....was just easier.....hope that's OK

Site Administrator

Re: Deer harvest so far #14995
12/23/2016 11:18 AM
12/23/2016 11:18 AM
Southern Indiana
J
jjas Offline
Hoosier Hunter
jjas  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Southern Indiana
"Dew as I say, not as I Dew"

Just because the seasons are long and weapon of choice are numerous doesn't mean the herd gets wiped out.
You finally figured that out!

Good on you!

Re: Deer harvest so far #14996
12/23/2016 11:22 AM
12/23/2016 11:22 AM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
If my deer hunting was determined by the least amount of time in the Woods to kill the biggest buck I could I would Quit . That is a pathetic analogy of a successful season ,And to expect everyone to be like you is equally pathetic ,^^^^^^
My "successful season" doesn't need to match your "successful season"..... sorry if my success plan doesn't match yours, and apparently that entitles you to call other hunters "pathetic".

I think my responses to API earlier may help give you some insight.

Site Administrator

Re: Deer harvest so far #14997
12/23/2016 11:27 AM
12/23/2016 11:27 AM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
"Dew as I say, not as I DEW"

[b]Just because the seasons are long and weapon of choice are numerous doesn't mean the herd gets wiped out.
You finally figured that out!

Good on you! [/b]
Once again....... you attempt to twist to "your advantage".

I'm not saying the herd will be wiped out....... never had. Find where I have posted that. I have asked you repeatedly to put up posts you claim as "truth" of your lies about me....... I challenge you again. You'd think slithering around on your belly all the time would give you a blister or somethin'...LOL!!!

I'm saying the herd is being reduced drastically, and "quantity" will no longer be the card the IDNR to keep playing to keep most involved. They will have to introduce "quality" within the regs to keep allot involved with "quantity" gone.

But......... you're not interested playing nice if it has anything to do with what your ego can't handle.......and that's seeing Quality Management come to front and center for our state.

To H E L L with Quality Management you say...... and undermine the IDNR if that is what they wanted in Prop #1. And now want to be labeled as a supporter of the IDNR...LOL!! The only time you "support something" is if you FORCED it to do what you wanted. Would just LOVE living in your home....LOL!!

Site Administrator

Re: Deer harvest so far #14998
12/23/2016 11:32 AM
12/23/2016 11:32 AM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
First you killed a deer on day 15 of the firearms season and now this!

Good on you!
Nope........ I killed a Big Azz Buck in 3 days of firearms season hunting.

And yes.......that's a good thing.

But you don't like THAT version. And you have to edit your posts over and over as you just are OBSESSED with me and how that makes sense.....and presents a HUGE crack in your logic....LMAO!! cool

Site Administrator

Re: Deer harvest so far #14999
12/23/2016 11:37 AM
12/23/2016 11:37 AM
Southern Indiana
J
jjas Offline
Hoosier Hunter
jjas  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Southern Indiana
Dew as I say, not as I Dew,
blah, blah, blah
First you killed a deer on day 15 of the firearms season after complaining about the gun season for years...and now....THIS!

Just because the seasons are long and weapon of choice are numerous doesn't mean the herd gets wiped out.
I'm impressed!

Re: Deer harvest so far #15000
12/23/2016 11:39 AM
12/23/2016 11:39 AM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
[b]blah, blah, blah
First you killed a deer on day 15 of the firearms season after complaining about the gun season for years...and now....THIS!

I'm impressed! [/b]
I think someone's getting just a weee bit grumpy....LOL!! And we don't even know who those quotes you used are from, or what your trying to explain ......LMAO!!!

Site Administrator

Re: Deer harvest so far #15001
12/23/2016 11:49 AM
12/23/2016 11:49 AM
Southern Indiana
J
jjas Offline
Hoosier Hunter
jjas  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Southern Indiana

blah, blah, blah
C'mon now, don't get "Grinchy"....you've made some real progress over the last few weeks.

A day 15 firearms harvest and then you admitted that "Just because the seasons are long and weapon of choice are numerous doesn't mean the herd gets wiped out."

Way to go!

Re: Deer harvest so far #15002
12/23/2016 11:54 AM
12/23/2016 11:54 AM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana

[QUOTE]

A day 15 firearms harvest and then you admitted that "Just because the seasons are long and weapon of choice are numerous doesn't mean the herd gets wiped out."

Way to go!
Ohhh God......... I am rolling on the floor laughing!! You are using something APIbowhunter posted.....it's his quote...... not mine...LOL!!!

I know you're tryin' hard little buddy........ smile

Time to edit another one of your filthy acidic lying attempts?? :p

Site Administrator

Re: Deer harvest so far #15003
12/23/2016 12:04 PM
12/23/2016 12:04 PM
Southern Indiana
J
jjas Offline
Hoosier Hunter
jjas  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Southern Indiana
blah, blah, blah
My mistake, but hey the way it was posted was a bit confusing. Oops!

But it really doesn't matter as you've still made huge progress with your day 15 firearms season harvest after all those years of complaining.

And I'm very, very proud of you for that!

Re: Deer harvest so far #15004
12/23/2016 12:27 PM
12/23/2016 12:27 PM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
[b]blah, blah, blah
My mistake but hey, it took you a couple of posts to realize it too. Oops!

But it really doesn't matter as you've still made huge progress with your day 15 firearms season harvest.

And I'm very, very proud of you for that! [/b]
It's obvious that your "agenda" needs it to say "15 day firearm harvest".......when in reality it only took me 3 gun days of hunting out of 30+ days available to get my buck.

I know that swallows hard for you..... as it presents a crack in your "logic" for your agenda of screwing Indiana out of a more Quality Deer Management Regs. And what grinds you the most........is that you FORCED your way to the front of the bus for a few short years.....and now you are getting thrown the back of the bus and you know your "time is up". wink

Site Administrator

Re: Deer harvest so far #15005
12/23/2016 12:40 PM
12/23/2016 12:40 PM
Southern Indiana
J
jjas Offline
Hoosier Hunter
jjas  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Southern Indiana

blah, blah, blah
You can nit pick all you want, but you know what I meant... laugh . And sniping @ me won't diminish what you've accomplished!

You managed to put aside years of calling for the firearms season to be shortened/moved and risked being considered a hypocrite, all so you could realize a day 15 November dream.

Kudos!

Re: Deer harvest so far #15006
12/23/2016 01:51 PM
12/23/2016 01:51 PM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana

[b]blah, blah, blah
You can nit pick all you want, but you know what I meant... laugh . And sniping @ me won't diminish what you've accomplished!

You managed to put aside years of calling for the firearms season to be shortened/moved and risked being considered a hypocrite, all so you could realize a day 15 November dream.

Kudos! [/b]
And you can nit pick all YOU want as you know....and my history shows......and 1,000's of others hunters shows........ Ya don't need 30+ days of gun hunting to get it done. cool

Basically what you are demanding is given the 30+ days we now have to hunt,...... you better not bittch unless you hunt the day jjas says you can within the 30 days you thought you had to pick from. He won't care how many gun days you took to hunt, and got it done...... he just will care what day it fell on during the season. This also says he delusionally believes that if the season was 15-20 days...... most of us would be incapable of getting our gun hunting done, or incapable of picking our own number of days to gun hunt within those 15-20 days to get it done..... even though states around us show it is possible to get it done in less than 12 days.

......now......go live in his house for more things he will FORCE on you so his agenda gets met.

Wait....... I almost forgot....... we ARE living in the house he FORCED our IDNR to build with Prop #2 he rammed through. And he loves this house he forced built so much...... he ain't leaving alive even if it means to resorting to lying and deception.

He can't stop himself.....his ego wont let him........

More to come I'm sure......

Site Administrator

Re: Deer harvest so far #15007
12/23/2016 02:22 PM
12/23/2016 02:22 PM
Jennings County
A
APIbowhunter Offline
APIbowhunter  Offline
A
Jennings County
Dew, it just seems like your agenda is big bucks only so I apologize for assuming you don't shoot does. As far as some other issues go let's just agree to disagree. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

Re: Deer harvest so far #15008
12/23/2016 02:26 PM
12/23/2016 02:26 PM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
Originally posted by APIbowhunter:
Dew, it just seems like your agenda is big bucks only so I apologize for assuming you don't shoot does. As far as some other issues go let's just agree to disagree. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!
All is good....... no worries. Have a good Christmas yourself.

Site Administrator

Re: Deer harvest so far #15009
12/23/2016 02:36 PM
12/23/2016 02:36 PM
se indiana
T
THROBAK Offline
Hoosier Hunter
THROBAK  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
T
se indiana
Hunting is not a job or a chore You work at till you "Get it Done" Me or Thousands like me don't Hunt to get it done Doesn't sound like much fun if you hunt just to "Get it done"

Re: Deer harvest so far #15010
12/23/2016 03:33 PM
12/23/2016 03:33 PM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
Hunting is not a job or a chore You work at till you "Get it Done" Me or Thousands like me don't Hunt to get it done Doesn't sound like much fun if you hunt just to "Get it done"
So........ if you hunt just to sit out there...... have at it man. I hope you enjoy yourself. At least I'll know any regs that are set or changed wont effect you in the least...... you're out there just to sit out there. Good for you. cool

Site Administrator

Re: Deer harvest so far #15011
12/23/2016 06:05 PM
12/23/2016 06:05 PM
Hancock Co.
trapperDave Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
trapperDave  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
Hancock Co.
Originally posted by Scarlett Dew:
Originally posted by trapperDave:
[b] Jesus Christ, Dew....do you ever shut up?

.....and if I was typing what you wanted to hear, I'd be your "best buddy". As a grown man, I would suggest you just ignore what I post.... as it's not meant to cause you misery.

..... unless you DESERVE misery..... wink [/b]
You wouldn't make my buddy list if you pooped gold every other step!
Sorry to burst your bubble

Re: Deer harvest so far #15012
12/23/2016 06:07 PM
12/23/2016 06:07 PM
Hancock Co.
trapperDave Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
trapperDave  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
Hancock Co.
11 more **** posts by you in last 24 hrs on this topic... Guess my question is answered.

Re: Deer harvest so far #15013
12/23/2016 06:30 PM
12/23/2016 06:30 PM
se indiana
T
THROBAK Offline
Hoosier Hunter
THROBAK  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
T
se indiana
There's a big difference in Hunting to Kill and Killing in order to have hunted . First Time I went out west when we stopped in Goldrn Colorado I went to a barns and Noble and Bought a Sibleys on Birds out West and Wild flowers of the Rockies You see a Hunt is way more than a kill to me
I kinda feel sorry for you that killing in As short a time as possible determines your success !!! No I don't just kidding

Re: Deer harvest so far #15014
12/24/2016 07:26 AM
12/24/2016 07:26 AM
Camby
C
Cody.Query Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Cody.Query  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
C
Camby
You can sit in the woods all year. I hunt to kill what I'm after kind of thought that was the point. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the outdoors while doing it. But I don't have to be hunting to do that. Tagged out or not.

"Form your own thoughts, instead of quoting another's original insight."-Cody Query
Re: Deer harvest so far #15015
12/24/2016 10:50 AM
12/24/2016 10:50 AM
B
blackoak Offline
Hoosier Hunter
blackoak  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
B
The perfect season for me would be to fill my tag on my target buck on the last day of the late archery season after spending 80 days trying to do it prior, but even if I don't I'm still a happy man and would not try and shorten- move any of our deer season in hopes that I can get it done with less effort in the future seasons.

Blackoak
Lazy Moron Dirtbag X-bow user
Re: Deer harvest so far #15016
01/01/2017 03:39 PM
01/01/2017 03:39 PM
John Scifres Offline
Hoosier Hunter
John Scifres  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Got a fatty doe to finish up the season. I got 51# of boneless not including the tenderloins which made for a couple nice steak and egg breakfasts. With my buck, I got 136# in the freezer this season.

[img]https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1....8aad379bc0240dea30cd3da7bf01&oe=58D861DE[/img]

Harvest is at 118,391 right now which compares to a little over 121,000 on Jan. 1, 2016. Looks like we'll be a little lower than last year but pretty close to 2014. Trend is stable.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year. I was blessed in many ways in 2016 but overall, I'm happy it's over.

Re: Deer harvest so far #15017
01/02/2017 10:33 AM
01/02/2017 10:33 AM
Seymour
P
pav Offline
Hoosier Hunter
pav  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
P
Seymour
I'm happy it's over too John.

Not as optimistic as you on the "trend" though.

Here's why...

The month of November 2014 was pretty bad weather wise. The last week of archery and first week+ of firearms were unseasonably cold....with snow and ice in many areas. I missed a fish fry in southern Indiana with the gun hunters on the farm first Monday of firearms season because of icy road conditions. Northern Indiana got hammered with snow from the same system. I believe South Bend received over a foot of snow right before the opener. That arctic blast was followed up by a major wind event the second week of firearms season.

IMO, due to the extreme weather, Indiana deer hunters left extra groceries on the shelf in 2014....which equated to a higher harvest in 2015. Guess what I'm saying is....I believe the 2014 harvest is artificially low and the 2015 harvest artificially high due to weather conditions. Given equal conditions, I believe those numbers could have easily been flipped.

This year, firearm season opened as early as possible and we again had very good weather conditions. Even with the introduction of rifles, we're still going to end up short...with the lowest harvest total since 2003.

The trend I'm seeing / experiencing is nothing close to stable. The first year of Prop #2, we killed over 136,000 animals. Five years later, we're at roughly 118,000 (with rifles). I'm not a guy that believes EVERY deer killed with a rifle would have survived otherwise....but I do believe there were SOME deer killed with rifles that would have survived otherwise. The real answer lies somewhere in between....and would drop that 118,000 number even lower without rifles in the mix.

The number of deer I saw while hunting this year (lowest ever by far)is unacceptable given my 25 years on the same Ripley and Jefferson county properties. The number of deer I've seen while driving back and forth to work in unimaginable given the 17 years of daily commutes I've made on the same 34 mile round trip stretch of road in Jackson and Bartholomew counties. Saw a deer along this stretch Saturday morning...first deer I've seen while driving too and from work since mid-November. That's simply unprecedented.

The harvest is definitely falling. Just how far people are willing to let it fall remains to be seen. Already too far in many areas...and the recovery, if there is one, won't be overnight.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Re: Deer harvest so far #15018
01/02/2017 12:47 PM
01/02/2017 12:47 PM
Indiana
J
Jeff Valovich Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Jeff Valovich  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Indiana
If it wasnt for the introduction of the now much longer range tool(Rifles), we wouldnt even have the kill numbers this season we do .... I think someone earlier said the gun kill was up.... that may be the only "season" that was up...

"Liberalism is a mental disorder"
Re: Deer harvest so far #15019
01/02/2017 01:00 PM
01/02/2017 01:00 PM
Montgomery County
76chevy Offline
Hoosier Hunter
76chevy  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Montgomery County
I think the real answer is an unknown without some real population studies.

I am another data point of "One hunter" but I saw more deer this year than in the past 4-5 yrs with about the same hunting effort (I do not track hours logged) hunting in Parke, Montgomery, and Tippecanoe counties. My son killed a doe the first day of youth season. I killed a buck the first Monday of gun. Both with a .243 (and both within shotgun range) =)

Just saw 7 does cross right in front of me last week right by home.... herd around here is doing "OK"

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  bean, BowBo, jbwhttail, sticksender 

Newest Members
WV 67, Ehargis, Will, Joe, CGJones
2909 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics4,663
Posts49,845
Members2,909
Most Online188
Sep 19th, 2018
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 19 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)

Hunting lease liability insurance