I didn't kill one over the fall break but I sure did have some activity. Friday evening I saw a doe but it got spooked as my friend and I were riding the 4 wheeler in the woods to put up a blind. Saturday morning I saw 7 deer, including 4 does, 2 yearlings, and a buck. All out of range. Saturday evening saw nothing. Sunday morning saw a big doe in range at 20 yards but passed it up because I still have much hunting left. Also saw a button buck and a six pointer but they all were skittish. I didn't hunt until Wednesday morning and I saw 11 turkeys and 3 big does. Most of them were out of range and I couldn't get a shot at any of the deer because they were behind thick fallen brush from loggers. Then I set my traps out on Thursday and then went hunting on Friday morning. At the break of day I saw a deer about 100 yards away and got set into beast mode lol. Later I grunted and snort wheezed and it sounded like a human stomping through the woods. It ended up being a huge 8 point buck. I saw it through the woods and it came out into the pipeline. Of course I couldn't shoot it because I have already killed my buck for the year but oh well. It came into 9 yards and I got good video of it. It later pounced off down a fence line out in a cornfield and I didn't see it again. About 45 minutes later I saw two big does coming down the fence line but they ended up jumping the fence and going into a cornfield that had not been picked. I then went home later and for the rest of the weekend I never saw a deer. I have caught 3 possums and a tomcat and a coon in my traps so far.

"The more I live, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I realize, the less I know."