08/12/2015 06:18 AM
08/12/2015 06:18 AM
Fishers, IN USA
D
DNA Offline OP
DNA  Offline OP
D
Fishers, IN USA
Thought I would post this for those on this site that need to learn how to deer hunt rather than complain about it. smile It sounds to me though this is more about eating deer vs. measuring them. So you can leave your tape measure and computer and I phones at home as real hunting equipment will be provided. smile I'm guessing that from what I read on this and other hunting sites that the IDNR will probably have to bring in an outside expert to teach this class on actual deer hunting.

Have you ever wanted to try deer hunting but don’t know where to start? Our Hunt, Fish, Eat: White-tailed deer classes take you from beginner to hunter in this four-session course. Sessions will focus on the following fundamentals: deer biology, laws and regulations, archery and firearms safety, locating a hunting spot and preparing your harvest for the table.
Each session will include an opportunity to sample wild game recipes. You will also learn what gear and resources are available to hunters today. Sessions will be held at different locations in the Indianapolis area.
Participants are asked to attend all sessions, must be new to deer hunting in Indiana, and have an interest in hunting for food. All equipment will be provided.

Classes will take place on Tuesdays or Wednesdays starting August 25 or 26.

See what it’s all about with the video below:

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..."

THEODORE ROOSEVELT
Re: H H must do #11522
08/13/2015 02:11 PM
08/13/2015 02:11 PM
S.W.Indiana
PoseyCoHunter Offline
Hoosier Hunter
PoseyCoHunter  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
S.W.Indiana
Sounds great, but why do they need to be new to deer hunting? I have hunted with a few friends that after taking that buck they didn't even have a knife to field dress there kill. I think they need to educate these so called hunters on the proper way to hunt & fine them when they try to hunt without the necessities.

Moderated by  bean, BowBo, jbwhttail, sticksender 

Newest Members
WV 67, Ehargis, Will, Joe, CGJones
2909 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics4,663
Posts49,845
Members2,909
Most Online188
Sep 19th, 2018
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 22 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)

Hunting lease liability insurance