Print Thread
Listen and Learn #10997
03/11/2015 10:44 AM
03/11/2015 10:44 AM
Indiana
BOWn Hunter Offline OP
BOWn Hunter  Offline OP
Indiana
For many years, my closest encounter to hunting was through listening to stories from my cousins and uncles. One uncle in particular! He was a very knowledgeable man on about any animal you could want to hunt! I learned most everything I know from him through the years of stories he had shared with me. Although I never have got to hunt with him, the way he tells his stories made me feel like I was right along side him. I always looked forward to going to see him and going fishing with him and dad any chance I got!

Two days after Christmas of 2014, I got a call that has changed my life. At 5:30 AM I answered the call and was told that at a mere 58 years old, my uncle had passed away of a massive heart attack. At that moment, not only had my dad lost his brother, long-time fishing buddy, and mentor, he lost his best friend. I lost my uncle whom taught me the ropes on hunting, fishing, scouting, and many other lifelong lessons.

Don't take for granted the friends and family you have today. Listen to the stories they have to tell you. Even if you've heard them one hundred times already. There is something new you can take from a story every time you hear it. Live every day like it's your last, because you never know when it will be. After having a couple months to kind of soak in all that has happened, I can see the blessings he's left behind. He was the definition of a role model. He was looked up to by many including my dad and myself. He will be dearly missed by all.

"To some the woods is just a place. But to others, it's a second home."
Check me out on YouTube. I will hopefully be getting one up a week!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMGESEomotionSWnjt13juA
Re: Listen and Learn #10998
03/11/2015 11:32 AM
03/11/2015 11:32 AM
Indiana
D
DawnPatrol Offline
River Rat
DawnPatrol  Offline
River Rat
D
Indiana
Sorry about your loss.....great post and a better reminder!

Hunting, Fishing, and Trapping is where it's @!!!!!
Re: Listen and Learn #10999
03/11/2015 12:25 PM
03/11/2015 12:25 PM
Right where I belong
Double B Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Double B  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Right where I belong
Sorry for the loss, and I know it's tough, but it sure sounds like you're reaping what he sowed. That's something special to pass along.

Followed by Buzzards

Moderated by  bean, BowBo, jbwhttail, sticksender 

Newest Members
WV 67, Ehargis, Will, Joe, CGJones
2909 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics4,663
Posts49,845
Members2,909
Most Online188
Sep 19th, 2018
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 26 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)

Hunting lease liability insurance