Print Thread
The Hunt That Changed My Life #10967
02/25/2015 02:16 PM
02/25/2015 02:16 PM
Indiana
BOWn Hunter Offline OP
BOWn Hunter  Offline OP
Indiana
What's up guys! I'm new to this site but have about 8 years hunting under my belt! I'm 23 years old and live in a small town in Greene Co., IN. In my time hunting I've learned a lot about myself. Being a hunter is about more than shooting the first critter you see and takes a lot more work than waking up and grabbing your gun. Personally I prefer using my bow but I like the challenge a lot more.

Patience is the number one key! My first year was a fluke. But it really got me interested. I had a buddy that had tried to get me to go for several years and I just didn't have the interest. One November evening we were hanging out and he said, "Let's go. I'm taking you hunting." So he took me to his stand (which I helped set up) and got me situated. He left and went to his ground blind a little ways away and told me that if I see one SHOOT IT! So after getting to the stand at around 6:15 PM I sat anxiously not expecting to ever see anything. But lo and behold a single doe came strolling in 25 yards to my left. With much hesitation I got myself into position and took the shot. Greatly to my surprise the doe dropped in her spot! The level of adrenaline I had at that moment was unmatched to anything I had experienced before! From then on I wanted to know everything there was about deer and began researching them and asking people I knew everything I could squeeze out of them.

To this day, hunting is the most time consuming, yet rewarding thing, that I do! I wouldn't want to spend my time anywhere else if I didn't have to! Moral of the story is that all it takes to get someone interested is that one opportunity to harvest an animal, no matter the species, and you can change a life forever! So if you haven't yet and you get the chance, take a young one with you next time you go and let them experience it, show them the way, and be an example of what a true sportsman really is!

I try to share my hunts and what knowledge I have and basically anything outdoors with everyone through filming so if you get the chance check me out on YouTube through the link in my signature!! Thanks for your time!

"To some the woods is just a place. But to others, it's a second home."
Check me out on YouTube. I will hopefully be getting one up a week!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMGESEomotionSWnjt13juA
Re: The Hunt That Changed My Life #10968
02/25/2015 06:05 PM
02/25/2015 06:05 PM
Mooresville,in.usa
M
maddogmech Offline
Hoosier Hunter
maddogmech  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
M
Mooresville,in.usa
Welcome OA. Thanks for sharing your story, we all have one that starts us off in a hunting career. Hope to here more stories. Post often

Re: The Hunt That Changed My Life #10969
02/25/2015 07:46 PM
02/25/2015 07:46 PM
Indiana
BOWn Hunter Offline OP
BOWn Hunter  Offline OP
Indiana
Thanks and will do

Re: The Hunt That Changed My Life #10970
02/26/2015 02:49 AM
02/26/2015 02:49 AM
Indiana
BOWn Hunter Offline OP
BOWn Hunter  Offline OP
Indiana
Thanks and will do

Moderated by  bean, BowBo, jbwhttail, sticksender 

Newest Members
WV 67, Ehargis, Will, Joe, CGJones
2909 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics4,663
Posts49,845
Members2,909
Most Online188
Sep 19th, 2018
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 26 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)

Hunting lease liability insurance