Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6302
04/04/2014 07:02 AM
04/04/2014 07:02 AM
D
dominator Offline
dominator  Offline
D
.yes. if people are going to raise them and they are going to be slaughtered then yes they should go by the rules that the rest of the livestock industry has on slaughter. there is a big market for venison these days. it will only get greater with the shortage of cattle right now. there is a packer close to me that slaughters a lot of does every year. he has a greater demand than he can fulfill. its only strengthens the relationship between the consumer between you and I. I have not slaughtered any of my does yet, we have some great typical genetics I'm trying to hold on until this market turns away from the non typicals like it is doing to get them sold. the hunters of the preserves are getting smarter and starting to turn away from the non typical.

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6303
04/04/2014 07:14 AM
04/04/2014 07:14 AM
Montgomery County
76chevy Offline
Hoosier Hunter
76chevy  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Montgomery County
You do realize the implications of what you just put on the public record, correct?

Archery equipment and firearms as used in a hunting situations are not acceptable methods of livestock slaughter under Humane Methods of Slaughter Act (HMSA) (7 U.S.C.A. §§ 1901 et seq.) which you just agreed should be implemented for those engaged in the raising of whitetail deer.

You are suggesting high fence cervid shooting/farming operations should be shut down unless they abide by these regulations of the HMSA which should classify whitetail deer as 'livestock'.

Originally posted by dominator:
.yes. if people are going to raise them and they are going to be slaughtered then yes they should go by the rules that the rest of the livestock industry has on slaughter. ....

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6304
04/04/2014 08:21 AM
04/04/2014 08:21 AM
D
dominator Offline
dominator  Offline
D
maybe you should reread my comments
I have said nothing about using archery equipment or firearms for humane slaughter

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6305
04/04/2014 08:56 AM
04/04/2014 08:56 AM
P
Parke Offline
Parke  Offline
P
dominator,

whats ur address? i'd like to come "teach" you a few things. you are a piece of ****. I wish the worst for you and will pray for your demise

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6306
04/04/2014 08:57 AM
04/04/2014 08:57 AM
P
Parke Offline
Parke  Offline
P
and I don't even pray..but I think this is worth praying for

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6307
04/04/2014 09:14 AM
04/04/2014 09:14 AM
Indianapois, IN, USA
D
delaney Offline
Hoosier Hunter
delaney  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
D
Indianapois, IN, USA
Let's keep the conversation as civil as possible and not let this stuff get personal.

"Fishing is like a one night stand, unless you're fly fishing, then you've encountered the romance of your life"
Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6308
04/04/2014 10:09 AM
04/04/2014 10:09 AM
PlainField, IN
BREW... Offline
Hoosier Hunter
BREW...  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
PlainField, IN
Originally posted by delaney:
Let's keep the conversation as civil as possible and not let this stuff get personal.
It's the same person everytime ..... He needs addressed!!!

Guardian Of The One Buck Rule & Gunseason
"Some people just need a good *** whoopin. It keeps the planets aligned"
Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6309
04/04/2014 10:53 AM
04/04/2014 10:53 AM
D
dominator Offline
dominator  Offline
D
Parke
I'm glad your are going to pray because EVERBODY needs God in their life!

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6310
04/04/2014 11:10 AM
04/04/2014 11:10 AM
Indpls,In US
J
jbwhttail Offline
Hoosier Hunter
jbwhttail  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Indpls,In US
They are going to grow bigger antlers when they are farm raised because they are not parasitized, are vaccinated, treated for sickness and they eat better than any wild deer has the ability to. In the very near future there will be a live test for CWD and a vaccine.

Dominator:

I have talked with you at the State House, you are breeding typical whitetails, I wont reveal your location.

I want to address your quote above with two points. First, a whitetail can only metabolize 18% protein anything above that goes out their butts. So ....... every wild deer can get 18% here in the United States. Even drought times a deer in Texas can get 18% from browse with no interference from humans. Also there has been no studies that prove minerals will grow bigger antlers either.

Your claim that there will soon be a live test and vaccine for CWD is not true. Today when a dead deer is tested it is classified positve or "not positive". That "not positive" does not mean it is CWD free, just that CWD was not detected at the time of the test. Also can you explain how a vaccine can keep a protein from mutating to a prion? Not possible, I have asked several people who are fighting this disease. As one told me "This is Pandora's box, and it has been opened.

It is well documented the origin of CWD in Colorado at Colorado wildlife facility. Mule deer were trapped and used in a study(proving it did not help to feed deer under stress) sheep were the control animal. The sheep were found(or at least one sheep) had scrapie, the prion in fact jumped species to deer. For you or anyone in your line of work to say CWD will not jump species is bold lies. How has it got into the mink population?

Folks this gentleman(and I mean gentleman) sat for an hour and talked about deer, he is genuine and convinced in his mind. He needs the same respect here that we afford all of our members. We aren't going to change his mind but........

When science meets tradition there will be sparks.....
Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6311
04/04/2014 11:11 AM
04/04/2014 11:11 AM
P
Parke Offline
Parke  Offline
P
lets not let this stuff get personal? really? idk bout you guys but this is pretty serious stuff..and yes I take it personal. no problem with you Delaney. brew, not much to say to you. pretty obvious from our pms that we don't like eachother. you remind of the nerdy tattle tail in elementary school - "he needs addressed!!!" hilarious. when you typed that were you about to cry?. dominator..you'll get yours

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6312
04/04/2014 11:17 AM
04/04/2014 11:17 AM
P
Parke Offline
Parke  Offline
P
come on Delaney. we should "respect" him. that's like saying we should have respect for a poacher. I wont say any other "mean" things but lets not try to be politically correct all the time. I just said what most people were thinkin..somebody needs to say it.

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6313
04/04/2014 11:20 AM
04/04/2014 11:20 AM
Indpls,In US
J
jbwhttail Offline
Hoosier Hunter
jbwhttail  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Indpls,In US
Dominator:

This was SLICK.......lol

.yes. if people are going to raise them and they are going to be slaughtered then yes they should go by the rules that the rest of the livestock industry has on slaughter.

Now on the quick read it appears you are all for the humane slaughter according to the Fed and State AG departments but........

You posted if they are going to be "slaughtered".... That is not your position on deer sent/sold to a shooting pen is it? How is it we trailor a load of does to a slaughtrer house and they get a bang stick in a chute. We haul a buck with antlers to a pen and he can be shot with a projectile from a person NOT approved by the Ag department, nor is the delivery method approved?

I did not say the non approved projectile was not humane, I'm saying neither the person administering the projectile in the pen has been properly trained under AG nor is the tool used....

When science meets tradition there will be sparks.....
Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6314
04/04/2014 11:43 AM
04/04/2014 11:43 AM
PlainField, IN
BREW... Offline
Hoosier Hunter
BREW...  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
PlainField, IN
Originally posted by Parke:
lets not let this stuff get personal? really? idk bout you guys but this is pretty serious stuff..and yes I take it personal. no problem with you Delaney. brew, not much to say to you. pretty obvious from our pms that we don't like eachother. you remind of the nerdy tattle tail in elementary school - "he needs addressed!!!" hilarious. when you typed that were you about to cry?. dominator..you'll get yours
Parke..... Every time you post it's just more reflection of your IQ!!!
SMH....

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6315
04/04/2014 12:01 PM
04/04/2014 12:01 PM
Indianapois, IN, USA
D
delaney Offline
Hoosier Hunter
delaney  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
D
Indianapois, IN, USA
Good time for a break.

"Fishing is like a one night stand, unless you're fly fishing, then you've encountered the romance of your life"
Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6316
04/04/2014 12:17 PM
04/04/2014 12:17 PM
Texas
T
Terry S. Singeltary Sr. Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Terry S. Singeltary Sr.  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
T
Texas
Originally posted by jbwhttail:
They are going to grow bigger antlers when they are farm raised because they are not parasitized, are vaccinated, treated for sickness and they eat better than any wild deer has the ability to. In the very near future there will be a live test for CWD and a vaccine.

Dominator:

I have talked with you at the State House, you are breeding typical whitetails, I wont reveal your location.

I want to address your quote above with two points. First, a whitetail can only metabolize 18% protein anything above that goes out their butts. So ....... every wild deer can get 18% here in the United States. Even drought times a deer in Texas can get 18% from browse with no interference from humans. Also there has been no studies that prove minerals will grow bigger antlers either.

Your claim that there will soon be a live test and vaccine for CWD is not true. Today when a dead deer is tested it is classified positve or "not positive". That "not positive" does not mean it is CWD free, just that CWD was not detected at the time of the test. Also can you explain how a vaccine can keep a protein from mutating to a prion? Not possible, I have asked several people who are fighting this disease. As one told me "This is Pandora's box, and it has been opened.

It is well documented the origin of CWD in Colorado at Colorado wildlife facility. Mule deer were trapped and used in a study(proving it did not help to feed deer under stress) sheep were the control animal. The sheep were found(or at least one sheep) had scrapie, the prion in fact jumped species to deer. For you or anyone in your line of work to say CWD will not jump species is bold lies. How has it got into the mink population?

Folks this gentleman(and I mean gentleman) sat for an hour and talked about deer, he is genuine and convinced in his mind. He needs the same respect here that we afford all of our members. We aren't going to change his mind but........
say there jbwhttail,

I hope you don't mind, but I would like to comment on a few topics you brought up, that I might think you will and some of the others, might find interest in. I must get a bit long winded again. but I think it's worth the read. here goes, I am gonna lay down some history on TME, CWD, and scrapie, potential vaccine for cwd, and test for cwd, with reference materials, as follows ;

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Development of an oral vaccine for chronic wasting disease

AD.24: Development of an oral vaccine for chronic wasting disease

Ryan Taschuk1,3 Kristen Marciniuk,1,2 Suresh Tikoo,1,3 Philip Griebel,1 Andrew Potter,1 Neil Cashman5 and Scott Napper1,2

1University of Saskatchewan; VIDO-lnterVac; Saskatoon, SK Canada; 2Department of Biochemistry; University of Saskatchewan; Saskatoon, SK Canada; 3School of Public Health; University of Saskatchewan; Saskatoon, SK Canada; 4Brain Research Centre; University of British Columbia; Vancouver, BC Canada; 5Brain Research Center; University of British Columbia; Vancouver, BC Canada

The prion protein is well conserved across mammals, and the misfolded protein is the causative agent in many animal-specific prion diseases, including chronic wasting disease (CWD) in deer and elk. Prion diseases are caused by misfolding of endogenously expressed prion protein from the native and homeostatic Prpc conformation to the infectious and pathogenic PrPsc conformation. Transmissible spongiform encephalopathies are of great interest for many reasons: the onset of disease inevitably leads to neurodegeneration and death, the potential of interference with food production through transmission both within and between agricultural species can have severe economic impacts, and the potential exists for zoonotic transmission. Our group has hypothesized that immunotherapeutic targeting of the PrPSc conformation would clear the infectious agent / infected cell while sparing native PrP, and vaccines may have potential application in prevention of CWD transmission or therapeutic treatment of disease.

Our research has focused upon identifying and optimizing three components of a potential CWD vaccine: a CWD-disease specific epitope (DSE) that induces antibody responses, a carrier protein to increase the magnitude and duration of antibody responses toward DSEs, and identification of delivery systems for oral delivery of the above DSE-carrier protein ro cervids. We have developed and optimized DSEs from three distinct regions of PrPc. Vaccination trials using iterations of these DSEs elicit high titers of epitope-specific serum antibody. A second generation carrier protein has increased both the duration and magnitude of antibody responses when compared with our previous carrier protein. Lastly, two delivery systems were effective in inducing antibody responses when administered orally to white-tailed deer. We have identified the vaccine components necessary for delivering a CWD vaccine to wild cervids. These findings will direct our final CWD vaccine formulation and delivery system.

http://www.prion2013.ca/tiny_uploads/forms/Scientific-Program.pdf

www.landesbioscience.com

Thursday, August 08, 2013

Characterization of the first case of naturally occurring chronic wasting disease in a captive red deer (Cervus elaphus) in North America

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2013/08/characterization-of-first-case-of.html

Friday, August 09, 2013

CWD TSE prion, plants, vegetables, and the potential for environmental contamination

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2013/08/cwd-tse-prion-plants-vegetables-and.html

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

newly developed injectable CWD vaccine, live rectal mucosa testing and Deer Game Farms Update

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2012/02/newly-developed-injectable-cwd-vaccine.html

EPIDEMIOLOGY

EFFICACY OF ANTEMORTEM RECTAL BIOPSIES TO DIAGNOSE AND ESTIMATE PREVALENCE OF CHRONIC WASTING DISEASE IN FREE-RANGING COW ELK (CERVUS ELAPHUS NELSONI) Ryan J. Monello 1,6, Jenny G. Powers 1, N. Thompson Hobbs 2, Terry R. Spraker 3, Katherine I. O’Rourke 4,5, and Margaret A. Wild 1 1 National Park Service, Biological Resource Management Division, 1201 Oak Ridge Drive, Suite 200, Fort Collins, Colorado 80525, USA

2 Natural Resource Ecology Laboratory and Graduate Degree Program in Ecology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA

3 Colorado State Diagnostic Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA

4 United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Animal Disease Research Unit, 3003 Animal Disease Biotechnology Facility, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164, USA

5 Current address: Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164, USA

A reliable antemortem test is needed to understand the ecology of chronic wasting disease (CWD) in elk (Cervus elaphus nelsoni). We measured the ability of antemortem biopsy samples from the rectal mucosa to detect the abnormal prion protein associated with CWD (PrPCWD), the relationship between test results from the obex and rectal biopsies at varying stages of CWD progression, and the prevalence of CWD in free-ranging elk from Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado, USA. We sampled and placed radio collars on 136 adult female elk in the winter of 2007–08. Elk with biopsy samples found positive for PrPCWD by immunohistochemistry (IHC) were euthanized and the obex and retropharyngeal lymph nodes were examined with IHC. We resampled, euthanized, and necropsied 20, 25, and 34 of the remaining study elk in each of the three following winters, respectively. Sensitivity of rectal biopsy samples increased in an asymptotic fashion with follicle count and was maximized at 85% (95% credible limits [CL]=60, 98) in the beginning of the study, when a greater proportion of elk were in a detectable stage of prion infection. However, maximum sensitivity was reduced to 72% (CL=46, 94) when we included resampled elk, which included recently infected elk that were initially negative using rectal biopsies and IHC. Test results were similar between rectal biopsies and the obex, but the earliest stages of prion infection were only detected by using retropharyngeal lymph nodes. Minimum CWD prevalence was estimated to be 9.9% (CL=5.7, 15.7) using rectal biopsies, but this rose to 12.9% (CL=8.0, 19.1) when we included four elk that were likely misdiagnosed at initial capture. Our results indicate rectal biopsies can provide a useful research tool for CWD in elk populations, but should be used with caution because they can miss individuals in early stages of infection and underestimate prevalence. Prevalence estimates from this population are the highest reported to date in elk and indicate that under appropriate conditions, CWD may be able to affect the dynamics of high-density elk populations.

http://www.jwildlifedis.org/doi/abs/10.7589/2011-12-362?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori:rid:crossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub%3dpubmed

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

newly developed injectable CWD vaccine, live rectal mucosa testing and Deer Game Farms Update

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2012/02/newly-developed-injectable-cwd-vaccine.html

*** Spraker suggested an interesting explanation for the occurrence of CWD. The deer pens at the Foot Hills Campus were built some 30-40 years ago by a Dr. Bob Davis. At or abut that time, allegedly, some scrapie work was conducted at this site. When deer were introduced to the pens they occupied ground that had previously been occupied by sheep. ...

also, see where even decades back, the USDA had the same thought as they do today with CWD, not their problem...see page 27 below as well, where USDA stated back then, the same thing they stated in the state of Pennsylvania, not their **** business, once they escape, and they said the same thing about CWD in general back then ;

”The occurrence of CWD must be viewed against the contest of the locations in which it occurred. It was an incidental and unwelcome complication of the respective wildlife research programmes. Despite it’s subsequent recognition as a new disease of cervids, therefore justifying direct investigation, no specific research funding was forthcoming. The USDA veiwed it as a wildlife problem and consequently not their province!” ...page 26.

http://collections.europarchive.org/tna/20080102193705/http://www.bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/mb/m11b/tab01.pdf

http://collections.europarchive.org/tna/20080102193705/http://www.bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/mb/m11b/tab01.pdf

now, decades later ;

PO-039: A comparison of scrapie and chronic wasting disease in white-tailed deer

Justin Greenlee, Jodi Smith, Eric Nicholson US Dept. Agriculture; Agricultural Research Service, National Animal Disease Center; Ames, IA USA

snip...

The results of this study suggest that there are many similarities in the manifestation of CWD and scrapie in WTD after IC inoculation including early and widespread presence of PrPSc in lymphoid tissues, clinical signs of depression and weight loss progressing to wasting, and an incubation time of 21-23 months. Moreover, western blots (WB) done on brain material from the obex region have a molecular profile similar to CWD and distinct from tissues of the cerebrum or the scrapie inoculum. However, results of microscopic and IHC examination indicate that there are differences between the lesions expected in CWD and those that occur in deer with scrapie: amyloid plaques were not noted in any sections of brain examined from these deer and the pattern of immunoreactivity by IHC was diffuse rather than plaque-like.

*** After a natural route of exposure, 100% of WTD were susceptible to scrapie.

Deer developed clinical signs of wasting and mental depression and were necropsied from 28 to 33 months PI. Tissues from these deer were positive for PrPSc by IHC and WB. Similar to IC inoculated deer, samples from these deer exhibited two different molecular profiles: samples from obex resembled CWD whereas those from cerebrum were similar to the original scrapie inoculum. On further examination by WB using a panel of antibodies, the tissues from deer with scrapie exhibit properties differing from tissues either from sheep with scrapie or WTD with CWD. Samples from WTD with CWD or sheep with scrapie are strongly immunoreactive when probed with mAb P4, however, samples from WTD with scrapie are only weakly immunoreactive. In contrast, when probed with mAb’s 6H4 or SAF 84, samples from sheep with scrapie and WTD with CWD are weakly immunoreactive and samples from WTD with scrapie are strongly positive. This work demonstrates that WTD are highly susceptible to sheep scrapie, but on first passage, scrapie in WTD is differentiable from CWD.

http://www.landesbioscience.com/journals/prion/03-Prion6-2-Transmission-and-strains.pdf

*** After a natural route of exposure, 100% of white-tailed deer were susceptible to scrapie.

http://www.usaha.org/Portals/6/Reports/2011/report-cwal-2011.pdf

Scrapie in Deer: Comparisons and Contrasts to Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD)

Justin J. Greenlee of the Virus and Prion Diseases Research Unit, National Animal Disease Center, ARS, USDA, Ames, IA

snip...

This highlights the facts that

1) prior to the onset of clinical signs PrPSc is widely distributed in the CNS and lymphoid tissues and

2) currently used diagnostic methods are sufficient to detect PrPSc prior to the onset of clinical signs.

The results of this study suggest that there are many similarities in the manifestation of CWD and scrapie in white-tailed deer after IC inoculation including early and widespread presence of PrPSc in lymphoid tissues, clinical signs of depression and weight loss progressing to wasting, and an incubation time of 21-23 months. Moreover, western blots (WB) done on brain material from the obex region have a molecular profile consistent with CWD and distinct from tissues of the cerebrum or the scrapie inoculum. However, results of microscopic and IHC examination indicate that there are differences between the lesions expected in CWD and those that occur in deer with scrapie: amyloid plaques were not noted in any sections of brain examined from these deer and the pattern of immunoreactivity by IHC was diffuse rather than plaque-like. After a natural route of exposure, 100% of white-tailed deer were susceptible to scrapie. Deer developed clinical signs of wasting and mental depression and were necropsied from 28 to 33 months PI. Tissues from these deer were positive for scrapie by IHC and WB. Tissues with PrPSc immunoreactivity included brain, tonsil, retropharyngeal and mesenteric lymph nodes, hemal node, Peyer’s patches, and spleen. While two WB patterns have been detected in brain regions of deer inoculated by the natural route, unlike the IC inoculated deer, the pattern similar to the scrapie inoculum predominates.

http://www.usaha.org/Portals/6/Reports/2011/report-cwal-2011.pdf

2011 Annual Report

Research Project: TRANSMISSION, DIFFERENTIATION, AND PATHOBIOLOGY OF TRANSMISSIBLE SPONGIFORM ENCEPHALOPATHIES Location: Virus and Prion Research Unit

2011 Annual Report

In Objective 1, Assess cross-species transmissibility of transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSEs) in livestock and wildlife, numerous experiments assessing the susceptibility of various TSEs in different host species were conducted. Most notable is deer inoculated with scrapie, which exhibits similarities to chronic wasting disease (CWD) in deer suggestive of sheep scrapie as an origin of CWD.

snip...

4. Accomplishments

1. Deer inoculated with domestic isolates of sheep scrapie. Scrapie-affected deer exhibit 2 different patterns of disease associated prion protein. In some regions of the brain the pattern is much like that observed for scrapie, while in others it is more like chronic wasting disease (CWD), the transmissible spongiform encephalopathy typically associated with deer.

his work conducted by ARS scientists at the National Animal Disease Center, Ames, IA suggests that an interspecies transmission of sheep scrapie to deer may have been the origin of CWD. This is important for husbandry practices with both captive deer, elk and sheep for farmers and ranchers attempting to keep their herds and flocks free of CWD and scrapie.

http://ars.usda.gov/research/projects/projects.htm?ACCN_NO=411467&showpars=true&fy=2011

White-tailed Deer are Susceptible to Scrapie by Natural Route of Infection

Jodi D. Smith, Justin J. Greenlee, and Robert A. Kunkle; Virus and Prion Research Unit, National Animal Disease Center, USDA-ARS

snip...

This work demonstrates for the first time that white-tailed deer are susceptible to sheep scrapie by potential natural routes of inoculation. In-depth analysis of tissues will be done to determine similarities between scrapie in deer after intracranial and oral/intranasal inoculation and chronic wasting disease resulting from similar routes of inoculation.

see full text ;

http://www.usaha.org/Portals/6/Reports/2010/report-cwal-2010.pdf

Friday, November 09, 2012

*** Chronic Wasting Disease CWD in cervidae and transmission to other species

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2012/11/chronic-wasting-disease-cwd-in-cervidae.html

Sunday, March 09, 2014

*** Lesion Profiling and Subcellular Prion Localization of Cervid Chronic Wasting Disease in Domestic Cats

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2014/03/lesion-profiling-and-subcellular-prion.html

Saturday, March 09, 2013

Chronic Wasting Disease in Bank Voles: Characterisation of the Shortest Incubation Time Model for Prion Diseases

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2013/03/chronic-wasting-disease-in-bank-voles.html

Thursday, November 21, 2013

*** Assessing the susceptibility of transgenic mice over-expressing deer prion protein to bovine spongiform encephalopathy

The present study was designed to assess the susceptibility of the prototypic mouse line, Tg(CerPrP)1536+/- to bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) prions, which have the ability to overcome species barriers. Tg(CerPrP)1536+/- mice challenged with red deer-adapted BSE resulted in a 90-100% attack rates, BSE from cattle failed to transmit, indicating agent adaptation in the deer.

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2013/11/assessing-susceptibility-of-transgenic.html

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Evaluation of the Zoonotic Potential of Transmissible Mink Encephalopathy

We previously described the biochemical similarities between PrPres derived from L-BSE infected macaque and cortical MM2 sporadic CJD: those observations suggest a link between these two uncommon prion phenotypes in a primate model (it is to note that such a link has not been observed in other models less relevant from the human situation as hamsters or transgenic mice overexpressing ovine PrP [28]). We speculate that a group of related animal prion strains (L-BSE, c-BSE and TME) would have a zoonotic potential and lead to prion diseases in humans with a type 2 PrPres molecular signature (and more specifically type 2B for vCJD)

snip...

Together with previous experiments performed in ovinized and bovinized transgenic mice and hamsters [8,9] indicating similarities between TME and L-BSE, the data support the hypothesis that L-BSE could be the origin of the TME outbreaks in North America and Europe during the mid-1900s.

http://transmissiblespongiformencep...evaluation-of-zoonotic-potential-of.html

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Transmissible mink encephalopathy - review of the etiology

http://transmissible-mink-encephalopathy.blogspot.com/2009/07/transmissible-mink-encephalopathy.html

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Phenotypic Similarity of Transmissible Mink Encephalopathy in Cattle and L-type Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy in a Mouse Model

http://transmissible-mink-encephalo...notypic-similarity-of-transmissible.html

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Transmissible Mink Encephalopathy TME

http://transmissible-mink-encephalo...ansmissible-mink-encephalopathy-tme.html

TSE have been around for decades.

it’s not out of the question to think that CWD might have been here much sooner than it was documented.

have cwd and these other TSE been around for eons, or forever, I cannot answer that.

I know scarpie was first documented around 1947 here in the USA, how long it was here before that, I don’t know, some say over 250 years.

http://collections.europarchive.org/tna/20090505194948/http://bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/mb/m08b/tab64.pdf

TME in mink was documented in the early 1960s. it was first thought that the TME out break was from scrapie infected sheep, until a investigation was done on feed practices at these mink facilities, and it was later found that the mink had been fed 95%+ dead stock downer cows. and later, the Late Richard Marsh tried to warn the feds of the pending mad cow debacle. they refused to listen. ...

some interesting reading on pages 26 to 33

http://www.jwildlifedis.org/content/16/1/89.long

TME originates from feeding mink, scrapie infected materials...

http://collections.europarchive.org/tna/20090505194948/http://bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/mb/m08/tab016.pdf

Evidence That Transmissible Mink Encephalopathy Results from Feeding Infected Cattle

*** Over the next 8-10 weeks, approximately 40% of all the adult mink on the farm died from TME. ***

snip...

*** The rancher was a ''dead stock'' feeder using mostly (>95%) downer or dead dairy cattle ***

http://collections.europarchive.org/tna/20090505194948/http://bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/mb/m09/tab05.pdf

http://collections.europarchive.org/tna/20090505194948/http://bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/mb/m09a/tab01.pdf

http://collections.europarchive.org/tna/20090505194948/http://bseinquiry.gov.uk/files/yb/1987/06/10004001.pdf

http://transmissible-mink-encephalopathy.blogspot.com/

Thursday, March 29, 2012

atypical Nor-98 Scrapie has spread from coast to coast in the USA 2012

NIAA Annual Conference April 11-14, 2011San Antonio, Texas

http://nor-98.blogspot.com/2012/03/atypical-nor-98-scrapie-has-spread-from.html

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Small Ruminant Nor98 Prions Share Biochemical Features with Human Gerstmann-Sträussler-Scheinker Disease and Variably Protease-Sensitive Prionopathy

Research Article

http://nor-98.blogspot.com/2013/07/small-ruminant-nor98-prions-share.html

kind regards, terry

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6317
04/04/2014 04:06 PM
04/04/2014 04:06 PM
D
dominator Offline
dominator  Offline
D
Originally posted by jbwhttail:

Dominator:

I'm sorry I am not the person you speak of but I know him and he is one of the most fine upstanding people I know along with his son- and yes they only raise typicals too.

I am providing an EXCELLENT link about nutrition and antler growth that we can ALL learn from. I suggest anyone putting out food plots read it. Antler growth is best at 16+ protein. I would think that this year you will see bucks start growing later than usual because of the harsh winter. Somehow mother nature knows better than us. Alfalfa has 16-20% protein,grasses usually 8-10%, corn 8-9%, corn stalks 4-5% and soybeans 35-38%. Of course nuts and berries are high in protein. So if deer in the wild do not have these types of food sources available they will no where reach their potential. Most of these foods are not available to wild deer during the most important times of antler growth and during cases of drought protein levels plummet. Antlers are starting to grow as we speak and there isn't squat for a wild deer to eat right now. And the stress of having to find a food source is added suppression to antler growth. Likely most wild deer are trying to catch up on body weight from the winter when they are growing their antlers and not to mention parasitism(ticks, stomach worms)which saps the life out of the animals.

http://www.fwrc.msstate.edu/pubs/antler.pdf

Your claim that there will soon be a live test and vaccine for CWD is not true. Today when a dead deer is tested it is classified positve or "not positive". That "not positive" does not mean it is CWD free, just that CWD was not detected at the time of the test. Also can you explain how a vaccine can keep a protein from mutating to a prion? Not possible, I have asked several people who are fighting this disease. As one told me "This is Pandora's box, and it has been opened..
you are correct in that a positive means that prions are found in the lymph nodes and brain stem at the time of death. Just because they are not found on testing does not mean they are not elsewhere in the body. They are likely in blood circulation before we ever see them in the l.n. or b.s. which is why a live test is so important.
If you read the link you will see that there is a live test using blood/urine and soon to be one using a nasal swab. I also provided a link for "Prevent" the company producing a vaccine. I hope everyone can take the time to educate themselves with this information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_wasting_disease
http://prevent-cecr.ca/news/2013/05/22/wyoming-cwd-study-video/

For you or anyone in your line of work to say CWD will not jump species is bold lies.
I did not say that it would never jump species. It has never been proven that a prion has jumped species from sheep. It is only surmised. I said that it would be more "likely" for a virus to mutate and jump a species than a prion, knowing how a virus behaves.

I take offense to this because I think everyone deserves the respect that they show to others and not just because he is a preacher.

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6318
04/04/2014 04:26 PM
04/04/2014 04:26 PM
Indianapois, IN, USA
D
delaney Offline
Hoosier Hunter
delaney  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
D
Indianapois, IN, USA
I'm a little lost on your last comment Dominator. I think JB did indicate that regardless of a persons view, all folks should be treated with respect. There are a lot of gray areas in this debate and the future as to what CWD will do is a big issue. Much of this simply boils down to whether the activity of farm raised deer is worth the risk. Beyond that issue, it then comes down to a society acceptance and the rules surrounding the industry. I still think your industry can't and won't have it both ways in regard to calling their animals livestock but wanting them treated as game animals. I appreciate your links for additional information.

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6319
04/04/2014 04:47 PM
04/04/2014 04:47 PM
PlainField, IN
BREW... Offline
Hoosier Hunter
BREW...  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
PlainField, IN
Originally posted by delaney:
I'm a little lost on your last comment Dominator. I think JB did indicate that regardless of a persons view, all folks should be treated with respect. There are a lot of gray areas in this debate and the future as to what CWD will do is a big issue. Much of this simply boils down to whether the activity of farm raised deer is worth the risk. Beyond that issue, it then comes down to a society acceptance and the rules surrounding the industry. I still think your industry can't and won't have it both ways in regard to calling their animals livestock but wanting them treated as game animals. I appreciate your links for additional information.
+1.....

BTW...."Dominator"=Clearview Whitetails

http://www.clearviewwhitetails.com/index.php

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...M6ieXI7DUEWg&sig2=MCH0R03q8SolAKSNBYsDRg

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6320
04/04/2014 05:42 PM
04/04/2014 05:42 PM
Shelbyville, Indiana
B
Bryan78 Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Bryan78  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
B
Shelbyville, Indiana
They are located literally up the street from some of my family...

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6321
04/04/2014 06:36 PM
04/04/2014 06:36 PM
D
dominator Offline
dominator  Offline
D
Brew
good investigative work LOL

Oh and Parke
I will let my 6 neighborhood cops know that you may be by. I have a state cop that lives across the road and Brian Bell the county sheriff 2 doors down if you would like to meet them. And bring dog biscuits with ya. And I suggest you go the speed limit coming through town.

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6322
04/04/2014 06:52 PM
04/04/2014 06:52 PM
Texas
T
Terry S. Singeltary Sr. Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Terry S. Singeltary Sr.  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
T
Texas
Friday, April 04, 2014

Wisconsin State officials kept silent on CWD discovery at game farm

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2014/04/wisconsin-state-officials-kept-silent.html

TSS

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6323
04/04/2014 09:03 PM
04/04/2014 09:03 PM
Indiana
J
Jeff Valovich Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Jeff Valovich  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Indiana
Those deer look like crap! Now tell us that those deer are raised for venison only...its a wonder they can hold their heads up.... They are nothing but farm animals....there is no "hunt" to it.... sad, very sad ....

"Liberalism is a mental disorder"
Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6324
04/05/2014 03:09 AM
04/05/2014 03:09 AM
Martinsville, IN, USA
shooter Offline
Hoosier Hunter
shooter  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Martinsville, IN, USA
Those things are ugly, like they were raised around Fukushima.

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6325
04/05/2014 05:19 AM
04/05/2014 05:19 AM
D
dominator Offline
dominator  Offline
D
I agree the non-typicals have really given this industry a black eye.
I hope that people took some time to read the articles I posted. There is not a day that goes by we should not try to educate ourselves. I especially like the article from MSSU on antler growth.

There are two sides of the fence(no pun intended).

Please visit our page https://www.facebook.com/ClearviewWhitetails

Re: Star Investigative report Buck Fever #6326
04/05/2014 11:20 AM
04/05/2014 11:20 AM
Montgomery County
76chevy Offline
Hoosier Hunter
76chevy  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Montgomery County
not sure how someone could be proud to post a picture like this on their business facebook page.

Such a majestic animal drugged and blindfolded like he is in an Abu Ghraib prison.

Must be a deer farmer thing.

+100 points for solid choice of footwear though.

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bean, BowBo, jbwhttail, sticksender 

Newest Members
WV 67, Ehargis, Will, Joe, CGJones
2909 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics4,663
Posts49,845
Members2,909
Most Online188
Sep 19th, 2018
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 5 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)

Hunting lease liability insurance