Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4733
01/16/2014 04:44 AM
01/16/2014 04:44 AM
Surveyor4 Offline
Surveyor4  Offline
[QUOTE]Originally posted by John Scifres:
[QB] In 2012 the ML season accounted for 9% of the harvest. The late antlerless season took 7% for a combined 16% of the harvest.

In 2011 the ML accounted for 15% of the harvest.

In 2010 13%.

It seems to me that some of the folks who shot does in the ML season are now holding out for the late antlerless season instead.

In other words, much of the harvest of the late antlerless season would have been killed in the ML season anyway. Therefore elimination of that season will only have a partial reduction in the harvest.

I would disagree that many were "holding out", if I remember right the first real snow of the year, at least in my area, in 2012, hit during the new late antlerless season, making the deer that had survived the other seasons much more vulnerable. Thus I believe the vast majority of the deer taken in the late antlerless season in 2012 would have lived another year without that season.

Surveyor
Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4734
01/16/2014 09:10 AM
01/16/2014 09:10 AM
Indiana
J
Jeff Valovich Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Jeff Valovich  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Indiana
What I want, what he wants, what I think .... sitting here babbling back and forth dosnt do squat...getting the DNR to get off their butt's is what is needed...some here think that as long as they "see" deer on their places all is fine, go down the road 5 miles and even though the habitat is there or is better than it used to be, the deer are not not like they used to be, cause they have been killed off by those with no restraint....dropping the antlerless tags from 8 to 4 wont do squat either. They must go lower than that and drop the late antlerless and in my county reorganize the "urban zone"....now they want to include baiting, or did you guys not see that, it went right over the heads of those on here.... Baiting...heck, why not include 30-06's too ....I'm done babbling, for now....

"Liberalism is a mental disorder"
Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4735
01/16/2014 09:26 AM
01/16/2014 09:26 AM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
Originally posted by Scarlett Dew:
Many threads of late have been those concerned with severely lower deer #'s in the field last year and even MORE compounded lower #'s this year. The IDNR is taking public feedback right now and shutting it off in late Feb.

Get your comments in.....don't forget to leave them with suggestions like shortening the gun season, reducing antlerless quotas, etc, etc. Those that have no disregard for the way things are headed to a severely reduced herd already will not be happy with suggesting reducing the # of days of gun season......but who cares. Listening to "that crowd" got us into this mess faster and deeper that we are in now.....and caused the IDNR to choose their second option (prop2.0).....not their first option (prop1.0). Click in the link below.....let the IDNR know how you feel about this current disaster of Prop 2.0 that the IDNR was forced to do. Copy the same response you send to the IDNR and send it to your Legislators too. Also sending a copy to Bryan Pointer and Pat Early of the NRC would be a good idea too. If Woody can send 100's of emails to Bryan Pointer to push crossbows and supporting extending this "special antlerless" season we got with Prop 2.0.....(as Bryan Pointer said about Woody's email barrage to him).....then we can send our 100's of ideas on how to undo this mess to Bryan Pointer of the NRC.

Here's the link gang.....let them have it.....

IDNR Feedback Link
Including this link again in here for feedback..........keep hammerin' them with it. cool

Site Administrator
www.indianaoutdoorsman.proboards.com

"Never argue with an idiot.....they will beat you with experience every time"
Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4736
01/16/2014 09:47 AM
01/16/2014 09:47 AM
Southern Indiana
J
jjas Offline
Hoosier Hunter
jjas  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Southern Indiana
Please...do keep "hammerin' them" and telling them to "get off their butts"......

Nothing like publicly berating the very people you want/need to sway....

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4737
01/16/2014 10:07 AM
01/16/2014 10:07 AM
Indiana
J
Jeff Valovich Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Jeff Valovich  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Indiana
So what did you do...blow 'em a kiss... ;0).... see the smiley, that was tongue in cheek 'cause some may not see the sarcasm...

I wrote to them what "I" thought they should do last week....I am sure they are getting an ear full from many others and then there are those who will sit back and kiss the dnr's behind saying all is well... there are many pissed off deer hunters in this state right now.... Indiana isnt the only State...Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, pretty much all of the midwest...it seems that there is a war on deer thru the Midwest right now.... will the DNR's listen or will they continue with their onslaught on the herds....

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4738
01/16/2014 10:35 AM
01/16/2014 10:35 AM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
Originally posted by jjas:
Please...do keep "hammerin' them" and telling them to "get off their butts"......

Not berating them at all.....not even close.....

Just creating awareness here and feedback there that let's them know people like jjas that pulled the rug out from under the IDNR in the Prop 1.0 and Prop 2.0 era.....are now pretending to be their best buddies for selfish reasons again.

They kinda like that people can see that..... wink

Site Administrator

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4739
01/16/2014 10:36 AM
01/16/2014 10:36 AM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
Many threads of late have been those concerned with severely lower deer #'s in the field last year and even MORE compounded lower #'s this year. The IDNR is taking public feedback right now and shutting it off in late Feb.

Get your comments in.....don't forget to leave them with suggestions like shortening the gun season, reducing antlerless quotas, etc, etc. Those that have no disregard for the way things are headed to a severely reduced herd already will not be happy with suggesting reducing the # of days of gun season......but who cares. Listening to "that crowd" got us into this mess faster and deeper that we are in now.....and caused the IDNR to choose their second option (prop2.0).....not their first option (prop1.0). Click in the link below.....let the IDNR know how you feel about this current disaster of Prop 2.0 that the IDNR was forced to do. Copy the same response you send to the IDNR and send it to your Legislators too. Also sending a copy to Bryan Pointer and Pat Early of the NRC would be a good idea too. If Woody can send 100's of emails to Bryan Pointer to push crossbows and supporting extending this "special antlerless" season we got with Prop 2.0.....(as Bryan Pointer said about Woody's email barrage to him).....then we can send our 100's of ideas on how to undo this mess to Bryan Pointer of the NRC.

Here's the link gang.....let them have it.....

IDNR Feedback Link
Keep the feedback flowing with link above .......

They are listening....

Site Administrator

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4740
01/16/2014 11:00 AM
01/16/2014 11:00 AM
Southern Indiana
J
jjas Offline
Hoosier Hunter
jjas  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Southern Indiana
[b] Please...do keep "hammerin' them" and telling them to "get off their butts"......

Not berating them at all.....not even close.....

Just creating awareness here and feedback there that let's them know people like jjas that pulled the rug out from under the IDNR in the Prop 1.0 and Prop 2.0 era.....are now pretending to be their best buddies for selfish reasons again.

They kinda like that people can see that..... wink [/b]
Nothing like being subjected to the constant barrage of complaints and being berated publicly (by a select few) like they (the IDNR) have been over the last few years....

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4741
01/16/2014 11:25 AM
01/16/2014 11:25 AM
N.E. Indiana, Spitting distanc...
hornharvester Offline
Hoosier Hunter
hornharvester  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
N.E. Indiana, Spitting distanc...
I suggested they keep true and stay the course, adjust bonus permits accordingly. h.h.

If you're not a hemorrhoid, get off my butt.
Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4742
01/16/2014 11:33 AM
01/16/2014 11:33 AM
Southern Indiana
J
jjas Offline
Hoosier Hunter
jjas  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Southern Indiana
Originally posted by hornharvester:
I suggested they keep true and stay the course, adjust bonus permits accordingly. h.h.
As did I.......

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4743
01/16/2014 12:39 PM
01/16/2014 12:39 PM
se indiana
T
THROBAK Offline
Hoosier Hunter
THROBAK  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
T
se indiana
I Imagine the DNR like me when they see certain peoples posts they pretty much consider the source Ignore Him and go to the next one,

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4744
01/16/2014 01:01 PM
01/16/2014 01:01 PM
Shelbyville, Indiana
B
Bryan78 Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Bryan78  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
B
Shelbyville, Indiana
Will the feedback be available to the public for all who commented?... Interested in what others are saying...

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4745
01/16/2014 01:04 PM
01/16/2014 01:04 PM
se indiana
T
THROBAK Offline
Hoosier Hunter
THROBAK  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
T
se indiana
I Have seen feedback before

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4746
01/16/2014 01:34 PM
01/16/2014 01:34 PM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
Originally posted by Bryan78:
Will the feedback be available to the public for all who commented?... Interested in what others are saying...
Yes it is available on request. You will see the same people that cut the knees out from the IDNR as they hated their first choice (Prop 1.0) with their comments....... now supporting them (IDNR) to keep what they were FORCED to do with their comments. LOL!!!

Good luck with that....... laugh

Site Administrator

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4747
01/16/2014 02:25 PM
01/16/2014 02:25 PM
Southern Indiana
J
jjas Offline
Hoosier Hunter
jjas  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Southern Indiana
In the past, the comments were made public...and if you looked closely, you'd see multiple comments made by the same people under different names.... :rolleyes:

Happens every time......

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4748
01/16/2014 02:39 PM
01/16/2014 02:39 PM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
[b] Will the feedback be available to the public for all who commented?... Interested in what others are saying...
In the past, the comments were made public...and if you looked closely, you'd see multiple comments made by the same people under different names.... :rolleyes:

Happens every time...... [/b]
Just like people here that post under different names/multiple names/aliases/and multiple aliases here.....and on Forums they administrate.

Pretty flippin hilarious to see the same guy with aliases talking/posting to himself on his own forum using those aliases to make it look like others agree with him......LMAO!!!

Reminds me of the survey that was put out by the IDNR a few years ago and the results that were tabulated by the Survey Entity stated "and one person/IP address entered their feedback over 500 times"

This is why I'm a proponent of sending hard copy surveys to our homes. Ya got one shot at it....no way to manipulate.....but proponents of Prop 2.0 don't like that idea.....

......Hmmmmmm

Site Administrator

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4749
01/16/2014 02:47 PM
01/16/2014 02:47 PM
Martinsville, IN, USA
shooter Offline
Hoosier Hunter
shooter  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Martinsville, IN, USA
Grasping at straws, just like the last go around.

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4750
01/16/2014 02:51 PM
01/16/2014 02:51 PM
Indianapois, IN, USA
D
delaney Offline
Hoosier Hunter
delaney  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
D
Indianapois, IN, USA
Too costly Dew. The DNR should consider selling, and I know it would take legislative approval, a sportsmens license which is a one time license that then provides a dedicated identification number that is then used for all purposes like surveys. Now, a person could still submit their family members number and then comment more then once but it would create a more reliable data base that would scrub duplicates and only count when it matched up with an existing lifetime number. That way, surveys and comments to the NRC could use the same system and identifier. Could still be manipulated but it would be less costly over the long haul and still reasonably reliable.

"Fishing is like a one night stand, unless you're fly fishing, then you've encountered the romance of your life"
Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4751
01/16/2014 02:57 PM
PlainField, IN
BREW... Offline
Hoosier Hunter
BREW...  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
PlainField, IN
Originally posted by shooter:
Grasping at straws, just like the last go around.
would expect any less???

Guardian Of The One Buck Rule & Gunseason
"Some people just need a good *** whoopin. It keeps the planets aligned"
Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4752
Southern Indiana
J
jjas Offline
Hoosier Hunter
jjas  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Southern Indiana
I would gladly add my driver's license number to the survey to keep it on the up and up.

That would keep people from making multiple posting(s) under different names and different IPs thus trying to negatively influence the process.

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4753
01/16/2014 02:59 PM
01/16/2014 02:59 PM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
Originally posted by delaney:
The DNR should consider selling, and I know it would take legislative approval, a sportsmens license which is a one time license that then provides a dedicated identification number that is then used for all purposes like surveys. Now, a person could still submit their family members number and then comment more then once but it would create a more reliable data base that would scrub duplicates and only count when it matched up with an existing lifetime number. That way, surveys and comments to the NRC could use the same system and identifier. Could still be manipulated but it would be less costly over the long haul and still reasonably reliable.
I like your idea. Anything that gets correct/truthful data.....I'm all in ..........no matter what the outcome.

That in itself created quite the angst in allot during Prop 1.0 and 2.0......validity of electronic responses cast.

Again........I like the idea of what you say D.

Site Administrator

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4754
01/16/2014 03:06 PM
01/16/2014 03:06 PM
PlainField, IN
BREW... Offline
Hoosier Hunter
BREW...  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
PlainField, IN
Originally posted by delaney:
Too costly Dew. The DNR should consider selling, and I know it would take legislative approval, a sportsmens license which is a one time license that then provides a dedicated identification number that is then used for all purposes like surveys. Now, a person could still submit their family members number and then comment more then once but it would create a more reliable data base that would scrub duplicates and only count when it matched up with an existing lifetime number. That way, surveys and comments to the NRC could use the same system and identifier. Could still be manipulated but it would be less costly over the long haul and still reasonably reliable.
How would a non-Hunter or land owner give input under this system ?

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4755
01/16/2014 03:35 PM
01/16/2014 03:35 PM
Indianapois, IN, USA
D
delaney Offline
Hoosier Hunter
delaney  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
D
Indianapois, IN, USA
If they wanted to provide input through the system they would have to buy the sportsmen license or such. The cost of the one time license could be just enough to cover direct cost of producing the license. Or, they could continue to influence in any manner they wish otherwise. Today if the DNR pursues input from them, they contribute nothing to the cost so I don't feel they shouldn't cover some costs related to having their voice heard. Non of their taxpayers dollars goes to Fish and Wildlife, or very, very little.

"Fishing is like a one night stand, unless you're fly fishing, then you've encountered the romance of your life"
Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4756
01/17/2014 02:33 AM
01/17/2014 02:33 AM
Montgomery County
76chevy Offline
Hoosier Hunter
76chevy  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Montgomery County
Dave,

or just use a driver's license #.

It would verify state (IN or not) residency, verify one user comments, and (nearly) everyone has one so no additional investment is needed by our DNR to develop a new identifier.

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4757
01/17/2014 04:24 AM
01/17/2014 04:24 AM
Outer space
H
Hanes Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Hanes  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
H
Outer space
That would work Dustin.

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4758
01/17/2014 08:05 AM
01/17/2014 08:05 AM
se indiana
T
THROBAK Offline
Hoosier Hunter
THROBAK  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
T
se indiana
Most hunt on private land so IMO the landowner,s contribute the most Its been thrown arounda landowner licence structured as a youth licence with the same price range and then the DNR would be able to pick up the PR monies then every one has a licence no.

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4759
01/17/2014 09:08 AM
01/17/2014 09:08 AM
Central Indiana
C
cedarthicket Offline
Hoosier Hunter
cedarthicket  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
C
Central Indiana
As far as I know Indiana landowners have never been required to buy a hunting license (migratory waterfowl excluded) to hunt on their own property (as long as they obey the game laws regarding seasons, bag limits, etc.). To require them to buy any kind of hunting license (migratory waterfowl excluded) would mean a change in Indiana law. IMHO, that would be a VERY tough battle to win. After all, it is the private landowners that provide the overwhelming amount of food and habitat that sustain our wildlife. I believe we hunters have more productive uses of our time and money than to fight for that.

Also, all Indiana residents have the opportunity to express their opinions about wildlife management, whether they are hunters, landowners, or apartment renters, etc. And they can express their opinions many different ways, not just through an online survey. Surveying can be a complicated thing. Along that line, would we hunters want to see the results of a survey of HUNTERS severely “diluted” with lots of input from non-hunters or non-hunting license holders?

May all our hunts be safe, enjoyable, and deeply appreciated.
Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4760
01/17/2014 09:22 AM
01/17/2014 09:22 AM
Montgomery County
76chevy Offline
Hoosier Hunter
76chevy  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Montgomery County
The wildlife of Indiana is held in trust by the state for benefit of all the people of Indiana.

ALL people -- not just those who hunt, buy a hunting license, etc.

We hunters may not like it at times, but we are not the ONLY citizens influencing wildlife policy decisions.

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4761
01/17/2014 09:50 AM
01/17/2014 09:50 AM
Southern Indiana
J
jjas Offline
Hoosier Hunter
jjas  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Southern Indiana
Without added expense, the only viable way I can see for the state to "ID" anyone would be to use your driver's license number as I (and 76Chevy) have already suggested.

The main problem I could see with doing that is that the IDNR would have to provide security so that those numbers aren't seen and are secure. And I would have no idea if their present software used for commenting has that capability.

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4762
01/20/2014 03:26 PM
01/20/2014 03:26 PM
Cass County
S
Steiny Offline
Steiny  Offline
S
Cass County
I know you all are probably tired of hearing this B.S., but thought I'd share what a local guy was telling me today. He hunts about two miles from me.

He started off complaining about not seeing many deer this season and I shared my views on how I thought antlerless tags should be reduced, and how I wasn't too keen on the late antlerless season. He agreed, saying hunters were killing too many does, and had some unconfirmed complaints about depredation tags being issued in the area (which I don't believe to be true), also said he thought there was a lot of EHD this year also, which I disagree with, most was the year prior during drought.

I told him how a guy down the road told me he and his buddies butchered 23 this year, then he chimes in as a point of bragging saying he and his buddies butchered 42 this year. Quizzed him about how many he shot, turns out his family killed 6 "but they eat them all" so that is OK.

As politely as possible I explained that we hunters better lay off the trigger and start eating pork and beef if we want many deer to hunt the near future. Don't suspect I made much of an impression because there is just an entitlement atmosphere out there with many hunters that feel they should kill as many deer as they can get tags for.

With this stuff going on, the only possible way to stop the reduction is to severely curtail the antlerless licenses to about (1) per customer in our area. Another year or two of this kind of killing and the deer herd around here is going to be pretty sad.

I'm lucky as I can just leave and hunt another state, however it's pretty sad to see what was once a bountiful resource in the area wiped out to a state of generally pretty crummy hunting.

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4763
01/20/2014 04:53 PM
01/20/2014 04:53 PM
Martinsville Indiana
H
HS Strut Offline
Hoosier Hunter
HS Strut  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
H
Martinsville Indiana
I agree. I didn't think the number allowed was that big of deal but some guys have made good points... A county allowing 4-8 antlerless could lead some to believe that deer are over populated and can take plenty without hurting the herd.

I did not kill a deer this year, by choice. Only deer I took last year was in a state park. I haven't been seeing many deer the last 2-3 years so I'm making the decision to back off.

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4764
01/20/2014 09:01 PM
01/20/2014 09:01 PM
Indiana
J
Jeff Valovich Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Jeff Valovich  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
J
Indiana
Steiny, you see that in some that come on here....sad, very sad ...

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4765
01/21/2014 01:00 AM
01/21/2014 01:00 AM
Seymour
P
pav Offline
Hoosier Hunter
pav  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
P
Seymour
+1 Steiny.

That has been my point all along. Hunters trust the DNR to do their job. They see the DNR extending seasons and offering basically unlimited deer tags...and they automatically assume there are too many deer. Why not shoot all you want/can?

Yes, before you say it Dave, I know HOW we got here....don't shoot the messenger (DNR). But the facts are... hunter reaction is a product of approved DNR regulations and quotas.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4766
01/21/2014 03:02 AM
01/21/2014 03:02 AM
Outer space
H
Hanes Offline
Hoosier Hunter
Hanes  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
H
Outer space
Agreed Paul. But up to this point the agency has basically responded to what it has been asked to do by hunters and non hunters alike, generally speaking.

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4767
01/21/2014 05:06 AM
01/21/2014 05:06 AM
Seymour
P
pav Offline
Hoosier Hunter
pav  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
P
Seymour
Originally posted by Hanes:
Agreed Paul. But up to this point the agency has basically responded to what it has been asked to do by hunters and non hunters alike, generally speaking.
The hunters that frequent websites such as this, attempt to stay informed, provide feedback, etc... represents a very small percentage of the overall deer hunting population.

The majority don't know what is behind the regs. They simply see what gets printed in the hunting guide each summer....and go with that.

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4768
01/21/2014 11:00 AM
01/21/2014 11:00 AM
B
blackoak Offline
Hoosier Hunter
blackoak  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
B
Who were the people suggesting the Indiana deer herd needs reduced in the first place??? When prop 1 first came out in that disguise I have never thought the herd needed reduced except in some state parks. Something about two birds with one stone comes to mind regarding prop 1.

Blackoak
Lazy Moron Dirtbag X-bow user
Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4769
01/21/2014 11:15 AM
01/21/2014 11:15 AM
Seymour
P
pav Offline
Hoosier Hunter
pav  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
P
Seymour
Originally posted by blackoak:
[b] Agreed Paul. But up to this point the agency has basically responded to what it has been asked to do by hunters and non hunters alike, generally speaking.
Who were the people suggesting the Indiana deer herd needs reduced in the first place??? When prop 1 first came out in that disguise I have never thought the herd needed reduced except in some state parks. Something about two birds with one stone comes to mind regarding prop 1. [/b]
Prop 1 was the result of the initial efforts of ONE legislator. IMO, he was less concerned the about deer population...and more concerned with kicking the DNR and the state hunting orgs in the teeth for fighting all of the high fence bills he introduced.

Prop 1 got canned by hunters. Prop 2 replaced it. Both props had the exact same roots.

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4770
01/21/2014 11:19 AM
01/21/2014 11:19 AM
PlainField, IN
BREW... Offline
Hoosier Hunter
BREW...  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
PlainField, IN
Prop 1 had "STAKEHOLER" influence...Prop 2 didn't!!! :rolleyes:

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4771
01/21/2014 11:47 AM
01/21/2014 11:47 AM
Seymour
P
pav Offline
Hoosier Hunter
pav  Offline
Hoosier Hunter
P
Seymour
Originally posted by BREW...:
Prop 1 had "STAKEHOLER" influence...Prop 2 didn't!!! :rolleyes:
Prop 1 had limited stakeholder (by DNR invite) influence.

Prop 2 had broad stakeholder (by political demand) control.

Re: Sick of how the deer herd is being blasted?? IDNR is now taking input!! #4772
01/21/2014 04:41 PM
01/21/2014 04:41 PM
Indiana
S
Scarlett Dew Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
Scarlett Dew  Offline OP
Hoosier Hunter
S
Indiana
Originally posted by pav:
Originally posted by BREW...:
[b] Prop 1 had "STAKEHOLER" influence...Prop 2 didn't!!! :rolleyes:
Prop 1 had limited stakeholder (by DNR invite) influence.

Prop 2 had broad stakeholder (by political demand) control. [/b]
Yep..........

Site Administrator

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bean, BowBo, jbwhttail, sticksender 

Newest Members
WV 67, Ehargis, Will, Joe, CGJones
2909 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics4,663
Posts49,845
Members2,909
Most Online188
Sep 19th, 2018
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 34 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)

Hunting lease liability insurance