Home

New Pup

Posted By: HS Strut

New Pup - 12/16/2015 08:07 PM

Well, my brothers Lab has gotten too old to chase Pheasants so it's my turn. I'm getting me a Yellow Lab. They were just born Sunday. Man am I excited. Gonna break her in on Put and Take birds next November and hopefully head out west to chase live birds for a few days every year after that.
Anybody got any good stories from this season?
Posted By: bean

Re: New Pup - 12/16/2015 08:36 PM

Congrats. Working a good dog is the best. We wanna get a couple beagles to hunt with after deer season is over. I got a bunch of farmer friends that will let me run them after season is over.

I look forwards to seeing your adventures.
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: New Pup - 12/18/2015 07:36 PM

So begins your next addiction. Need a pair wink
Posted By: RedLab

Re: New Pup - 12/22/2015 06:42 PM

Labs are great. Congratulations on the new pup. The Hoosier Hunting Retriever Club uses Glenns Valley Conservation Club to train. If interested let me know. Hang on -you're due for some fine adventures.

Re: New Pup - 12/27/2015 12:58 AM

Redlab,
I know the president of Glenn's Valley. He's supposed to get me in and guide me towards some hunt tests and competitions. I've never done them or been to them but they sound like fun.
Regardless, I love pheasant hunting. Can't wait to get my pup and start train training.
Posted By: HatchetJack

Re: New Pup - 12/29/2015 11:12 AM

Originally posted by HS Strut:
Redlab,
I know the president of Glenn's Valley.
You know Dave Watt? I'm thinking about joining also.

Jack

Re: New Pup - 12/30/2015 07:03 PM

Yes I do Jack
Posted By: HatchetJack

Re: New Pup - 04/20/2016 04:51 PM

How's that pup doing?

Re: New Pup - 04/26/2016 04:52 PM

She's doing good.Smarter than most people I know. I introduced her to live quail at about 9 weeks and she loved them. Been working obedience and doing some marks with bumpers...she blows me away how quickly she picks things up. A little crazy right now. She's at that stage where she's hard to teach so we are just reinforcing what we know...But I couldn't be happier.
I would post pictures but I don't have a photobucket or anything and frankly have no use for one...I do most everything by Iphone
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting