Home

New pup

Posted By: familytradition

New pup - 07/26/2014 03:13 PM

My new pup. I have had her since March. Already the best dog I have ever owned.

[Linked Image]

Re: New pup - 07/26/2014 03:18 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BowBo

Re: New pup - 07/27/2014 10:01 AM

Very cool dog!
Best of luck with her!
Posted By: whitetail1

Re: New pup - 07/27/2014 02:34 PM

Good looking pup! Lots of fun right there!

Re: New pup - 07/27/2014 10:13 PM

Looking forward to pointing more birds and less cats.
Posted By: Juggler

Re: New pup - 08/02/2014 01:07 PM

My first birddog was an English Setter. Great dog! Tons of pheasants and grouse with that guy. Where did you get yours? By the way, yours is a great looking dog! Meant to say that first.

Re: New pup - 08/03/2014 01:05 PM

I understand Juggler dogs bring out the best memories and sometimes your mind races while thinking about them. She is of the Dashing Bondhu(Remember watching Hunting with Hank) Lewellin bloodlines; I got her in Kentucky from Mountainview Llewellins. Their claims and other llewellin beeders are hard to believe, but they are all true. This by far the best dog I ever owned and I am no bird dog trainer and she is only 7 months old. All I did was raise some quail. The field trial bred setter that I have is hyper in the house and runs huge while hunting. This dog hunts for me and does every thing naturally. Such a people pleaser that she was house broken after a week at 9 weeks old. If you want a great house and foot setter and not into field trialing this is the breeding for you.
Posted By: Juggler

Re: New pup - 08/04/2014 07:10 AM

Sounds great! I thought Llewellin when I saw the pictures. Yes, I do remember watching Hunting with Hank. My English Setter experiences were with dogs from King Farms in Parker City. My last 2 dogs were Springset Gordon Setters. There is nothing like hunting with a good dog in a place where there are birds. Nothing! Good luck and let us know how she does.

Re: New pup - 08/04/2014 02:37 PM

I hunted at King farms once. I had a blast, his pheasants were the wildest game farm birds that I ever hunted.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting