Home

Greenland Hunt

Posted By: sticksender

Greenland Hunt - 10/12/2018 06:33 PM

I posted the full hunt story on bowsite Indiana forum. No need to re-type it all here, but you can click the link below to read the details and see more pictures.

To sum up, it was simply one heck of an adventure, in one of the most unique hunt settings you will ever find. Crazy travel arrangements just to get there, but well worth it to do this trip at least once in a lifetime.

The actual hunt was for Muskox and Central Barren Ground Caribou, but this trip was all about the adventure. However I was lucky enough to get a bull Muskox with the bow.

https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=242578&messages=39&state=IN

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BREW...

Re: Greenland Hunt - 10/12/2018 11:40 PM

That's a beautiful pic....what something like that weigh? Is a scoring system for that game also?......anyone age that fossil?

Last question ......what kind of mount you doing?
Posted By: sticksender

Re: Greenland Hunt - 10/13/2018 12:36 AM

Brew, they are pretty big in body size....this one we guessed at about 700# live weight. It takes 90 inches to make P&Y, and 105 to make B&C. This one should go in the low 100's and was estimated at 7 or 8 years old. World record is 129, held by Jim Shockey. I took the whole cape in case I decide to do a full body mount. Just have to figure out where I'd put it. Of all the North American big game, a muskox makes one of the coolest full mounts due to the incredible coat of long hair. It will be about a year before I get my cape and horns back, because it has to be sent to Denmark first. There's a lengthy process to get it tanned at a Denmark taxidermy, then having it crated and exported from Denmark and imported to the USA with a CITES certificate and etc.
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: Greenland Hunt - 10/13/2018 11:36 AM

Very nice bull sticksender, Congrats to you. h.h.
Posted By: animalhouse

Re: Greenland Hunt - 10/15/2018 01:43 AM

Very nice! Congrats Greg!
Posted By: maddogmech

Re: Greenland Hunt - 10/16/2018 09:48 AM

WOW ! and Congrats !
Posted By: BowBo

Re: Greenland Hunt - 10/17/2018 01:33 AM

I'm with George......... just WOW!!

And that would indeed be the coolest full body mount!
Congratulations on a hunt of a lifetime, Greg!!
Posted By: BowBo

Re: Greenland Hunt - 10/17/2018 01:58 AM

I just got done reading the full picture story on bowsite......
Awesome pics Greg! And has to be an even better adventure/experience... congrats again bro!!!
Posted By: HS Strut

Re: Greenland Hunt - 11/13/2018 02:17 AM

VERY COOL!
Posted By: Haymaker

Re: Greenland Hunt - 11/29/2018 01:09 PM

That's awesome, congrats Sticksender!!!
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting