Home

Newfounland Moose Hunt

Posted By: StHubert

Newfounland Moose Hunt - 10/09/2018 04:31 PM

My brother (Circle M) and me spent last week in Central Newfoundland moose hunting. It seemed like we hit the peak of the rut as my bull came in to a cow call within the first hour of hunting on the first day. The bull my brother shot came into a grunt/tree racking call and he was definitely ready for a fight. His bull was taken on the second day.

I will give a big two thumbs up to the outfitter we used, Sandy Lake Lodge Outfitters. The camp is a very remote drive to camp, that is if you have a four wheel drive truck you don't mind scratching up! They hunt in area 16 which has only 2 outfitters and the hunting pressure seemed very light. I would recommend them to anyone, but especially to someone who has physical or mobility issues. They made some modifications to the camp in preparation for my hunt to make things more wheelchair accessible. We used Argos to access some very remote and rough country. The Argo is a great tool to use for someone with physical limitations. We would simply find a good location to call from (and there are a lot of them!) then I would transfer from the Argo into my wheelchair and prepare for a shot. The camp owners Gary and Lori Rowell are very eager to please and Lori is a heck of a cook! We will without hesitation go back in the future.

Attached picture My Bull.jpg
Attached picture Benj Bull.jpg
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: Newfounland Moose Hunt - 10/10/2018 03:36 PM

Fantastic hunt of a lifetime. Congrats on your bulls. h.h.
Posted By: sticksender

Re: Newfounland Moose Hunt - 10/12/2018 06:18 PM

Wow, very nice. From what I know, NF is known for it's plentiful and affordable Moose hunting. You guys did good!
Posted By: BowBo

Re: Newfounland Moose Hunt - 10/17/2018 02:01 AM

Congrats to you both!!
Very nice animals, guys!
Posted By: Haymaker

Re: Newfounland Moose Hunt - 11/29/2018 01:12 PM

That's a dandy! Congrats!!!
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting