Home

Hog Explosion Thins Deer Herds

Posted By: Bryan78

Hog Explosion Thins Deer Herds - 03/31/2016 07:44 PM

Good article... I know they are here in some pockets and they need to be eradicated ASAP... Your thoughts!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/3...-as-feral-hog-explosion-thins-herds.html
Posted By: Double B

Re: Hog Explosion Thins Deer Herds - 03/31/2016 08:45 PM

I stopped by a HNF office today and they had report-a-pig cards sitting on the counter. Said they are spreading north into Maumee and Deam and also south from Lawrence Jackson origins. Not good.
Posted By: Ruger Man

Re: Hog Explosion Thins Deer Herds - 04/01/2016 07:12 PM

I wonder if you're allowed to shoot a wild hog on public land. I read on the hunting guide last year you can take a hog on private ground with written permission but it didn't say anything about public ground.
Posted By: deerhunter986

Re: Hog Explosion Thins Deer Herds - 04/02/2016 09:46 AM

Ruger I was talkin to a guy at work about this. Regs I guess do say private ground. Found something else that said they cannot be hunted on public. I think they should be shot on site where ever you see them
Posted By: Double B

Re: Hog Explosion Thins Deer Herds - 04/02/2016 11:40 AM

Kentucky encourages it. Watched them on Kentucky Afield almost pleading for people to shoot em. I asked a Kentucky CO about it and he said they were good with hunting pigs on public, they want them gone.
Posted By: Parrot Head

Re: Hog Explosion Thins Deer Herds - 05/04/2016 07:51 AM

I belong to a hunting club in Alabama for turkey hunting only. The club rules say your suppose to shoot every hog you see. The guys don't, and I cant really blame them they are to hunt deer and don't want to screw up a deer hunt. Most are only there on weekends. This year I shot 19 hogs the previous years 31 and 28.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting