Home

Indiana Elk ??

Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Indiana Elk ?? - 06/23/2015 10:12 PM

What ever happened to the idea of bringing back Elk into the state ? Wasnt it suppose to be in the Hoosier NF or Big Oaks ?? Why was is shot down ?
Posted By: Double B

Re: Indiana Elk ?? - 06/24/2015 07:53 PM

Maybe the Michigan black bear will go back and tell his Michigan elk buddies about the great new land dripping with honey to the south. Crane might be another good intro spot, but it's still only 100 Sq miles. Big Oaks is less than half that. Contiguous public land acreage in BIG tracts would be helpful in my uneducated opinion.
Posted By: BREW...

Re: Indiana Elk ?? - 06/24/2015 08:09 PM

Common since WON over..... Sometimes it's not so common though!!!
Posted By: TS Hunter

Re: Indiana Elk ?? - 08/05/2015 10:14 AM

Elk and Bison Prairie in Kentucky seems to have done well reintroducing and developing both an elk herd and a bison herd on 700 acres, but, of course, it's a preserve not being hunted. Call me sentimental, but I like the thought of bringing back native animals that we killed/ran off even if they are protected. Heck, they had to reintroduced whitetail to Indiana in the 1930's! Just think if they listened to the naysayers and didn't do that.
Posted By: Bryan78

Re: Indiana Elk ?? - 08/05/2015 10:24 AM

I just don't see elk ever being brought here since we do not have huge tracts of land that will be able to accommodate both deer and elk...
Posted By: Scarlett Dew

Re: Indiana Elk ?? - 08/05/2015 11:58 AM

Originally posted by BREW...:
Common since WON over..... Sometimes it's not so common though!!!
I'm sorry..... But one of my buddies at lunch just spewed Pepsi out his nose reading this as he was laughing. Oh God.... This is so much entertainment for SO many reasons. LOL!!!!!!
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting