Home

2015 hog hunt

Posted By: jbwhttail

2015 hog hunt - 03/13/2015 09:04 PM

Well it has been a week since we were in Oklahoma hunting pigs. If you remember our great buddy Keith set this hunt up thru Cabela's. Those of us who drove left on Tuesday night before the great storm called Thor, we left Indy and stopped in Springfield Mo shortly after mid night. we awoke to a sleet storm on Wednesday am and by the time we ate breakfast and loade the van it was snow! It took us three hours to travel 80 miles, and a total of eight hours to travel 300 miles to the ranch.

We hunted the Stuart 7 Ranch in Southeast Oklahoma, the lodge is a 10 star, food is a 7 star. As far as the game......... If I wanted to book a whitetail bow hunt this would be my choice!!! A great chance at a 160"+ buck at a very reasonable price($1850.00)for five day hunt with no trophy fee.

The hogs were tough, there is so many oak trees the hogs can feed on acorns and not need to go to corn feeders. Those of us who saw hogs saw several.......20 or more in a group! And when I shot I killed first with a between the eyes head shot, no pigs ran. Second shot dropped another pig, had a thrid shot...... decided I did not need a third pig to gut skin and quarter befor leaving the next morning.

Good hunt over all, I would go back to hunt hogs again just might wait until April/May.............. gotta love snake time........LOL.

Total for the hunt, 8 people........seven people saw a hog. Five people saw and shot at hogs.... 4 people scored 7 hogs killid.
Posted By: sticksender

Re: 2015 hog hunt - 03/14/2015 08:43 AM

Congrats on the pork. Need pics!
Posted By: delaney

Re: 2015 hog hunt - 03/14/2015 11:58 AM

Really nice way to keep the memory of Keith going and sounds like a good time. The price for a whitetail hunt is very reasonable if its a good opportunity as suggested.
Posted By: jbwhttail

Re: 2015 hog hunt - 03/14/2015 06:27 PM

I gave bowhunting prices, guns are about 3 times as much.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting