Home

Bear hunt

Posted By: bowman19

Bear hunt - 12/09/2014 04:24 PM

We are booking a black bear hunt for fall 2015 in Maine . We have found an outfitter we like. Just wondering if anyone has any tips they'd like to share or taxidermist recommendations. We live near madison in souther indiana. Thanks
Posted By: bean

Re: Bear hunt - 12/09/2014 05:44 PM

Been on a few. Spring or Fall? Bow or gun?

I always thought about getting a bear rug BUT it takes a lot of room and is pricey. I got a shoulder/head mount and like it.

I am thinking about taking Luke on one but it has to be when school is out. He is ready. I would like to know more about your trip.
Posted By: bowman19

Re: Bear hunt - 12/09/2014 10:46 PM

It will be a fall hunt two are using bow and I more than likely will use a gun or perhaps starting with a bow and switching later in the week if things aren't going my way. The Outfitter said to buy the tag for either for an extra $20. The package includes six nights and five day all lodging and meals if you tag out you have access to their fishing equipment. Really want a rug have a perfect spot for it but will have to way the costs I think the rug will be easier to convince my signifacant other to display she's not a fan of mounts but she stArted deer hunting this year so maybe her first big buck will change her mind
Posted By: Steiny

Re: Bear hunt - 12/10/2014 09:44 AM

Good luck ! Hope you picked a good outfitter with high success rates.

I've got a black bear rug hanging on the wall, they make a pretty neat trophy.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting