Home

moose

Posted By: gundude

moose - 03/23/2013 08:53 AM

Anybody interested in planning a float trip a year or so out?
It's on my bucket list and my bucket has a little rust on it... let me lnow if interested.

Re: moose - 03/24/2013 08:48 AM

http://bowsite.com/bowsite/features/articles/akmoose/
Posted By: whitetaildave24

Re: moose - 03/24/2013 11:49 AM

What an experience that was for them.
Posted By: outdoorswithdon

Re: moose - 03/25/2013 01:20 PM

Gun-I'm going to AK for the 12th year in a row this fall. Give me a call or email if you want to talk about it. I have flown with the guys at High Adventure from the article. Good operation, nice people, but unless they are leaving the Kenai, They are not in the best moose area to hunt. If they are jumping over to the Alaska Peninsula, it's a dangerous flight in a 206 or even beaver and easier to do from places like King Salmon. HAA also moves a lot of people and sometimes put too many hunters in one area.

I would also look closer at the float option. Some guys like it until they do a good drop. You are always wet and cold and setting up and moving camp when you should be hunting. My friends and I have killed a bunch of bulls from drop camps.

Don
Posted By: HatchetJack

Re: moose - 03/25/2013 01:55 PM

Keith - listen to Don. He knows what he's doing. I'd go with you but have no desire to kill a moose. Now if there were ptarmingan around the camp and I could take my dog I might think about it.

Jack

Re: moose - 03/25/2013 04:38 PM

Bring the dog jack... moose is the key target but birds are the best... ill so my research.... don ill ill be in touch as soon as i get the knots untied......
Its two years out for me physically i think but im gonna do it...

Re: moose - 03/25/2013 06:42 PM

Hurry up and get in shape. My dog will be 8 years old in 2015 and I'll be a lot older.

Jack
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: moose - 03/25/2013 07:20 PM

Face it Jack....you are ancient. cool laugh

Re: moose - 03/25/2013 10:55 PM

Originally posted by Weedhopper:
Face it Jack....you are ancient. cool laugh
Tru dat...
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting