Home

Good luck!

Posted By: Weedhopper

Good luck! - 04/22/2016 08:20 AM

Good luck to all the youth turkey hunters! Stay safe and post some pics! smile
Posted By: BowBo

Re: Good luck! - 04/22/2016 12:55 PM

Thanks weed!
Hopefully I can call one in again this year for Romer's youngest son, Ricky!
Last years was his biggest so far.
Posted By: DEC

Re: Good luck! - 04/22/2016 01:46 PM

Good luck all.

I am kind of bummed, both of my girls will miss the opener tomorrow. They both have school tennis tournaments out of town tomorrow. So I am hoping that I can get them out on Sunday.
Posted By: traditionalarcher17

Re: Good luck! - 04/22/2016 03:06 PM

Yeah my son will miss the morning hunt. Baseball pictures at 12:30 tomorrow, he wants to skip them mamma isnt letting that happen. But hopefully luck tomorrow evening or Sunday morning. Good luck everyone.
Posted By: Double B

Re: Good luck! - 04/22/2016 07:27 PM

Good luck youth hunters and thanks to their mentors for taking them out.
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: Good luck! - 04/23/2016 08:14 AM

Good luck!
Posted By: BowBo

Re: Good luck! - 04/24/2016 11:08 AM

Ricky got invited to hunt with some other kids and chaperones....
So I did not go to the turkey woods this wknd! :<
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: Good luck! - 04/25/2016 07:09 AM

Did any of the youth hunters have success this year? h.h.
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: Good luck! - 04/25/2016 08:00 AM

Hopefully wthaven will get on here and share his weekend adventures.. cool The Scudder boys got it done!
Posted By: traditionalarcher17

Re: Good luck! - 04/25/2016 09:14 AM

My son missed a bird sunday morning.. His first miss, hopefully we can get him back on another bird this weekend after baseball.
Posted By: DEC

Re: Good luck! - 04/25/2016 09:26 AM

After Sydney's tennis tourney wrapped up on Saturday, we went out for an evening sit. We actually ran birds out of the field walking in. 15 minutes after getting set up we had a big tom come strutting up, but he hung up at about 50 yards, just strutting and gobbling for about 45 minutes before he walked away for good. Tons of birds, just could not get anything to commit. Same deal Sunday morning. A lot of toms and jakes, but nothing would come in to the decoys or calls. Sunday evening we never saw a bird.

It has been a loooonnnng time since I had turkeys kick my butt like they did this weekend. It is funny how they can make you look like a fool at times.

Still a great time in the blind with my daughters. I am looking forward to next weekend when they both can get back out there.
Posted By: Double B

Re: Good luck! - 04/25/2016 06:39 PM

Appreciate you guys taking them out. Always learn something in the turkey woods.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting