Home

Bobcats!

Posted By: varmint101

Bobcats! - 02/02/2016 07:24 PM

So, I cut my first ever bobcat tracks, a lone set, last February when we had all that snow. Fast forward to this past November and my buddy Dave saw a set of 3 while deer hunting. I finally got my camera out last weekend again and got a nice picture of my first confirmed bobcat! Pretty wild.

[Linked Image]

Need to work on these too. Don't mind the date didn't know my camera reset when I changed batteries.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: whitetaildave24

Re: Bobcats! - 02/02/2016 07:41 PM

Those are cool pics and seeing those three at one time was something I'll never forget. Could get a good population going down there before too long.
Posted By: BowBo

Re: Bobcats! - 02/02/2016 08:16 PM

That's very cool!
Great pix
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: Bobcats! - 02/02/2016 09:17 PM

Cool pics
Posted By: Double B

Re: Bobcats! - 02/03/2016 01:24 AM

Nice pics. They are getting more and more plentiful. Season in our future, maybe?
Posted By: APIbowhunter

Re: Bobcats! - 02/03/2016 02:00 AM

A CO said season maybe as soon as 2017
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Bobcats! - 02/05/2016 06:22 AM

cool, all of us who set traps need to be prepared to release one. I saw my first last summer in north Montgomery county. Lots of them in Parke co.
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: Bobcats! - 02/05/2016 06:57 AM

Not many bobcats up my way. Ive never seen one in the wild here or found their tracks. h.h.
Posted By: John Scifres

Re: Bobcats! - 02/05/2016 08:55 AM

Great pics. Thanks for posting them.

I have seen them down south in Martin and Washington Counties.

The owners of the Parke County property I hunt on had a kitten hanging out on their porch eating dog food last fall. It was in pretty bad shape so it must have been an orphan or abandoned. It would allow them to sit on the porch while it ate and even get some pretty cool closeup pics.
Posted By: Cody.Query

Re: Bobcats! - 02/09/2016 09:23 AM

Cool pics.

We've been seeing a lot of them in Pike County the last couple of years. Almost anytime predator calling on our property they show up. Also had one come into turkey set last spring. Likewise turkey numbers have dropped tremendously the last several years. Not sure if there is a correlation or not.
Posted By: arlowe13

Re: Bobcats! - 02/10/2016 07:56 PM

Caught near Vevay in Switzerland Co just a day or so ago in a coyote set...

Look at the size of it!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: Bobcats! - 02/10/2016 09:00 PM

cool
Posted By: Double B

Re: Bobcats! - 02/11/2016 05:48 AM

That is a beauty. A buddy called one in down on a farm in KY Saturday during daylight and took with shotgun, a 21 lb female.
Posted By: Yaz

Re: Bobcats! - 02/11/2016 10:41 AM

Originally posted by arlowe13:
Caught near Vevay in Switzerland Co just a day or so ago in a coyote set...

Look at the size of it!

[Linked Image]
Looks to me like it was a better bobcat set than a coyote set!!!! laugh laugh Just an FYI, there WAS talk of a possible cat season in the near future. The rumor is, we are loosing yet another biologist….our furbearing guy is moving on. Can't say that I blame him. It might be a while now on a cat season.
Posted By: John Scifres

Re: Bobcats! - 02/12/2016 06:33 PM

That is a gorgeous cat. The ones I have seen were all tiny compared to that one. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: varmint101

Re: Bobcats! - 02/16/2016 06:23 PM

Wow that is a beauty of a cat!

Gotten quite a few more pictures of bobcats the last two weeks. Looks to be like Dave had said 2-3 different cats. One looks to be very large compared to the others. Only night pictures though.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting