Home

Fun coyote hunting contest

Posted By: Magnum hunter

Fun coyote hunting contest - 05/11/2014 02:24 PM

Just because, I want to have a coyote hunting contest since summer's rolling around and maybe some of you will be coyote hunting on your land pest wise . If you want in just post 'in' on here or something like that and I'll put your H.H. name down. Through out the spring and summer post if you got a coyote on this topic. Don't forget to post pictures. The start off is today, May 11th- Mother's Day. I guess whoever gets the most coyotes at the end of the summer is the winner. Just a little fun thing to do. Anyways, lets begin! laugh
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Fun coyote hunting contest - 05/11/2014 04:10 PM

you are aware of the legal coyote season?

Coyote

Oct. 15, 2013 – March 15, 2014

No limit

Also, even with landowner permission, I see no value in shooting them in the summer. I can catch them in the fall/winter when the pelts have value, a summer coyote pelt has no value whatsoever.
Posted By: nickgsp2

Re: Fun coyote hunting contest - 05/11/2014 07:18 PM

Yea I agree Chevy maybe wait till season comes in

Re: Fun coyote hunting contest - 05/11/2014 07:46 PM

Yes I am aware, but I mean like if they are on your property and they are being pests. I shoot them on my land, and others too, because they are pests, since we got 5 cats, 3 rabbits, etc. That's an easy meal to them. I also shoot them if other land owners want them gone then and there. A landowner, or someone with express permission from the landowner, can hunt coyotes on their own land to reduce the nuisance threat year round. But that was what I was meaning, and I get you 76 but I was just meaning if you hunt them for being pests and are over run with them and hunt them year round. Sorry about that... frown smile
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Fun coyote hunting contest - 05/12/2014 08:21 AM

good luck!

Re: Fun coyote hunting contest - 05/12/2014 03:24 PM

Hey man...thanks! And if anyone IS hunting them now then get in on here or post pics of any you kill laugh

Re: Fun coyote hunting contest - 05/29/2014 07:48 PM

Found a dead deer about 4 miles from Winchester today. Coyotes on him...almost half eaten...it was a doe...DARN.
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: Fun coyote hunting contest - 05/30/2014 07:56 AM

I dont shoot anything when it has Babies

Re: Fun coyote hunting contest - 06/01/2014 01:36 PM

I don't really either unless they're trying to kill our animals at this time, really just seeing if any other guys are hunting them right now.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting