Home

last night...

Posted By: Magnum hunter

last night... - 04/08/2014 03:42 PM

Monday night we got home from a 4H meeting and saw a coyote out in the field. Turned out that it was heading for a dead goat somebody pitched out in front of our woods. We went up to the house, grabbed a shotgun, loaded it with some turkey shells, and went down there to kill it. Of course, my luck, it was completely dark outside (9:30 PM) and I could barely see a thing. All of a sudden I see the coyote going at full speed at about 40 yards away. I aimed and shot. This morning the goat was gone so I figured the coyote had come back later on and got it which means I probably didn't hit it. Though I might share my story and see if there were any good tips to kill that coyote.
Posted By: bean

Re: last night... - 04/08/2014 03:56 PM

Shoot better!!!! smile
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: last night... - 04/08/2014 04:15 PM

50 yards with turkey loads is a bit on the lite side for ammo on a yote. Get some #4 buck shot for coyotes and keep shots 50 yards and under with a shotgun. I suggest you and Luke get AR's with 30 round clips and put a tracer every 5th round....... eek wink h.h.
Posted By: BowBo

Re: last night... - 04/08/2014 04:47 PM

Please DON'T!
Posted By: BowBo

Re: last night... - 04/08/2014 04:47 PM

Please DON'T!
Posted By: bean

Re: last night... - 04/08/2014 06:35 PM

Originally posted by hornharvester:
50 yards with turkey loads is a bit on the lite side for ammo on a yote. Get some #4 buck shot for coyotes and keep shots 50 yards and under with a shotgun. I suggest you and Luke get AR's with 30 round clips and put a tracer every 5th round....... eek wink h.h.
Hey now.... like they need anymore ideas!!! Don't worry Bo.

Re: last night... - 04/08/2014 07:30 PM

laugh laugh laugh wink h.h.

Re: last night... - 04/09/2014 08:24 AM

Now that Ive slept on it maybe the AR's aren't such a good idea........LOL h.h.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: last night... - 04/09/2014 01:24 PM

Just some friendly advice for you.

Shooting when you can't see a thing is not a good idea. Always know your target and what is behind it.

Once you pull that trigger, you can never take the shot back.

Originally posted by Magnum hunter:
Monday night we got home from a 4H meeting and saw a coyote out in the field. Turned out that it was heading for a dead goat somebody pitched out in front of our woods. We went up to the house, grabbed a shotgun, loaded it with some turkey shells, and went down there to kill it. Of course, my luck, it was completely dark outside (9:30 PM) and I could barely see a thing. All of a sudden I see the coyote going at full speed at about 50 yards away. I aimed and shot. This morning the goat was gone so I figured the coyote had come back later on and got it which means I probably didn't hit it. Though I might share my story and see if there were any good tips to kill that coyote.

Re: last night... - 04/09/2014 03:45 PM

My dads got an AR. Its his...no worries. laugh Your are probably right 76chevy...at least I know there was just an open field for a ways away.
Posted By: Yaz

Re: last night... - 04/09/2014 10:08 PM

Re: last night... - 04/10/2014 08:43 PM

Yaz...you okay...didn't write anything... laugh laugh wink
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting