Home

coyotes everywhere

Posted By: garman6

coyotes everywhere - 12/04/2014 01:47 PM

I live in Noblesville in a subdivision and the yotes are everywhere. Last night there were 2 different packs with a good number of dogs in them. I could see them silhouetted in the lights of the church behind my neighborhood. Can you trap in city limits? I have a 50 acre field in my backyard I could pull it off if I was incognito. They are there every night.
Posted By: traditionalarcher17

Re: coyotes everywhere - 12/04/2014 02:01 PM

I don't think there are any laws against trapping what you will have to deal with is how to dispatch em. Because I'd bet you can't discharge a firearm there.
Posted By: Steiny

Re: coyotes everywhere - 12/04/2014 02:18 PM

Snares work great, however you might get a dog or cat also.
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: coyotes everywhere - 12/04/2014 02:49 PM

Call your local city office and ask about the rules, then get written permission from the land owner. h.h.
Posted By: bean

Re: coyotes everywhere - 12/04/2014 03:07 PM

Just a thought but would a high powered ,22 pellet gun right behind the shoulder do the trick. I have read where some guys that is all they use due to the noise.

Thoughts? Just an idea.
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: coyotes everywhere - 12/04/2014 07:25 PM

highly doubt it
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: coyotes everywhere - 12/04/2014 07:26 PM

best bet is padded coilsprings, #3 w offset jaws
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: coyotes everywhere - 12/05/2014 06:51 AM

I got a 3 foot piece of dried hickory called "the persuader" for spots just like this.

Go in before sunrise to check traps and keep a low profile.

Lots of yotes to be had in spots just like this.
Good luck!

Originally posted by traditionalarcher17:
I don't think there are any laws against trapping what you will have to deal with is how to dispatch em. Because I'd bet you can't discharge a firearm there.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: coyotes everywhere - 12/05/2014 06:55 AM

an air rifle high powered enough to kill a coyote is going to be nearly as loud as a .22 short though right?

Originally posted by bean:
Just a thought but would a high powered ,22 pellet gun right behind the shoulder do the trick. I have read where some guys that is all they use due to the noise.

Thoughts? Just an idea.
Posted By: traditionalarcher17

Re: coyotes everywhere - 12/05/2014 07:08 AM

76 I also have a 32 inch 36 ounce old maple Louisville slugger I used to take bp with in college I called it the hammer. Been used on coons but since the only coyote I've trapped was snared and doa haven't used it on a coyote.
Posted By: Kyle E

Re: coyotes everywhere - 12/05/2014 12:54 PM

Originally posted by bean:

Thoughts? Just an idea.
Probably against the projectile ordinance if they have one
Posted By: BREW...

Re: coyotes everywhere - 12/05/2014 12:58 PM

And a pellet gun wouldn't be?? confused
Posted By: garman6

Re: coyotes everywhere - 12/05/2014 01:17 PM

There is a no projectile ordinance in Noblesville, I'm an X college baseball player I know how to swing a bat! I can tell you this those suckers are in trouble now. Last night they were inside my closed fence they jumped right over it. I was getting up to go duck hunting and heard them going crazy, they are after the rabbits under my deck. Traps going in this weekend and my neighbors are all in board with me doing this. Pictures to come soon!
Posted By: Gilley

Re: coyotes everywhere - 12/05/2014 06:21 PM

Get'em Garman and make sure you get pics.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting