Home

Beaver Control & Lesson Learned!

Posted By: CLoveIN123

Beaver Control & Lesson Learned! - 12/28/2013 09:57 PM

While doing a ADC job today, I learned a valuable lesson. Therefore, I thought I would pass on some wisdom and hopefully save someone from repeating this post. I use 330 conibears for most of my beaver work and while attempting to quickly relocate a set, I stupidly placed a LIVE 330 in my gear bag and started walking towards the new set. Upon arriving, I set my gear down which tripped the trigger thus causing my 330 to collapse on my wrist. Lucky I kept my cool and was able to release myself. I was also lucky that my 330 had to compete with my gear bag and a handle before collapsing on my wrist. Needless to say, I will RETURN to using safety grips and leave my arrogance and stupidity at home. Good news too, I scored two 20 pounders before everything went south.
[img] [img]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b513/CLoveIN123/IMG_1165_zps4d48bf19.jpg[/img] [/IMG]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: delaney

Re: Beaver Control & Lesson Learned! - 12/28/2013 10:10 PM

That had to be "interesting"! Glad your ok, and you obviously make a good point.
Posted By: DawnPatrol

Re: Beaver Control & Lesson Learned! - 12/28/2013 10:30 PM

Wow...glad your OK too....I'm not a trapper but appreciate post like these to prevent it happening to others! BTW congrats on the beavers!!!!!
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: Beaver Control & Lesson Learned! - 12/29/2013 05:30 AM

Nice catch!

All I'll say about your accident is "your lucky"! h.h.
Posted By: ParkerBow

Re: Beaver Control & Lesson Learned! - 12/29/2013 11:50 AM

I got caught with a 220 one yr setting over a den hole. I was putting some finishing grass cover around the 220 and I guess I tripped the trigger. Slaaaam. It was like the world stopped for 5 seconds. I kept my calm and was able to somehow get out of it. It does happen especially when you get in a hurry and take shortcuts. I have been bit by a few footholds too. Part of trapping i guess. A guy has to really keep your mind on what you are doing at the time and not thinking about the next set.
Glad you are OK.
Posted By: Yaz

Re: Beaver Control & Lesson Learned! - 12/29/2013 09:13 PM

I've been in a 330 also, which resulted in a broken thumb. Not a good circumstance! Glad you were ok! Thanks for the reminder!
Posted By: Bucks n Ducks

Re: Beaver Control & Lesson Learned! - 12/29/2013 09:25 PM

I was being tough and had a 220 snap me and got my finger! Ouch it hurt and I couldn't get it out. Finally worked it open. Can't imagine what that 330 felt like. Thanks for sharing for others to learn!

Awesome catches on the beavers!
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting