Home

Bird Hunting

Posted By: HS Strut

Bird Hunting - 08/20/2018 03:01 PM

Hey, Any bird hunters left on here?

Anybody planning any hunts out of state where they actually HAVE birds?

I'm heading out to South Dakota for a few days First week of their season and catching a couple days in Iowa on the way home.

Maybe a late season trip to Nebraska.

How about ya'll?
Posted By: maddogmech

Re: Bird Hunting - 08/21/2018 09:48 AM

HS our trips out west have about dried up. The place we have in Kansas has had a very poor hatch of pheasants the last 2 yrs. in the area that we have permission. We never even heard a rooster when we were there for turkey season, Our place in Nebraska has all been taken out of CRP or fence and hedge rows have been taken out for more crops, few birds there now.
The place in South Dakota is doing fair from what Cody (the land owner) had relayed to us, so we will be heading out there the first week in Nov.
Good luck on your trips.
Posted By: HS Strut

Re: Bird Hunting - 08/23/2018 01:33 AM

I understand. It's fairly new to me, going out west. I really enjoy seeing new country, different birds, a new challenge....and experiencing different cultures. We have a good group of guys who all get along. I really like walking through grass watching my dog get birdy.

Hope you have a great time in November
Posted By: Magnum hunter

Re: Bird Hunting - 08/23/2018 02:55 PM

Not much of a bird hunter (except for turkeys) but the bobwhite population around my area is on the rise. Used to I would never hear them, but not every time I walk out the door there is a couple doing their whistlin'. Have good patches of pipeline around my area with tall grasses where they like to stay. Maybe one day soon there will be a good quantity to try and hunt. Think it would be fun.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting