Home

Pheasant draw/hunt success

Posted By: ico919

Pheasant draw/hunt success - 11/12/2015 09:48 AM

We limited out in Benton County, 6 birds, on one of the states managed areas. Very windy but had a great time. Saw a lot of birds. The dog worked great too. I got drawn last year, but the 6" of snow made us cancel.
Posted By: HS Strut

Re: Pheasant draw/hunt success - 11/12/2015 11:38 AM

I'm going this Saturday... something like Funcheon-glotzbach area? Any chance you hunted that one?
Any advice? Did you use dogs? Blockers?
We are taking a Lab and a GSP... Lab was an awesome dog but she's pretty old. GSP is supposed to be good? We'll find out. I just reserved a Lab from an upcoming litter.

Re: Pheasant draw/hunt success - 11/12/2015 12:15 PM

Lots of the weed patches were over our heads so we used blockers. In the short stuff we just hunted normal with the dog. The dog really helped in the thick stuff finding downed birds. We hunted Vinegar Hill. Good luck.

Re: Pheasant draw/hunt success - 11/12/2015 12:57 PM

Thanks!

Re: Pheasant draw/hunt success - 11/17/2015 08:07 AM

hs strut, how was your hunt???

Re: Pheasant draw/hunt success - 11/18/2015 12:32 PM

Saw several birds. Didn't get any.Dogs didn't have a good day. Lab was too old...she couldn't really hunt. GSP, out of control. Had fun anyway. I just put money down on a lab pup. Can't wait to get it. Short hair pointed several hens but we had about a dozen empty points. I think it was boosters that wouldn't hold? Lab put a few boosters up but the other two guys missed some easy shots. I never got a decent shot opportunity.

Re: Pheasant draw/hunt success - 11/19/2015 08:24 AM

Dang. But you know what they say, a bad day hunting is better than a good day working anytime. Better luck next time.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting