Home

Red pine squirrels

Posted By: deerhunter986

Red pine squirrels - 08/24/2015 06:41 PM

Seems I have seen a lot of these this year around places and I haven't seen one since I was a kid. I got to hunt a place a place this weekend up by Attica and these things were every were runnin off the fox and grey squirrels. I could have limited out on the pineys but didn't even shoot a squirrel that morning iwas in awe of all pineys. Question I have are they even legal to kill? I honestly wouldn't even waste my time shooting one they are way to small
Posted By: Weedhopper

Re: Red pine squirrels - 08/24/2015 06:50 PM

They will take over the population if not eliminated. I'll kill every one I see, and I don't believe the season is restricted on them.
Posted By: trapperDave

Re: Red pine squirrels - 08/24/2015 08:30 PM

kill em all. no season, not protected
Posted By: deerhunter986

Re: Red pine squirrels - 08/24/2015 08:35 PM

Weed I could see them over runnin I couldn't believe the monster fox squirrel he ran off. Had three of em come down a tree and stare at me for almost a minute. The three coons they tried to chase weren't havin it. So kill the pineys I thought they were protected
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: Red pine squirrels - 08/25/2015 04:17 PM

The back and Hind legs are Good to eat just takes more for a meal I cleaned and ate everyone I shot
Posted By: hornharvester

Re: Red pine squirrels - 08/25/2015 04:27 PM

Around here they are called Red Jims. While Ive never ate one I do shoot them when the chance comes along. They are just a smaller sized tree rat. laugh h.h.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting