Home

Pheasant hunting

Posted By: nedwards

Pheasant hunting - 12/08/2013 03:08 PM

I was wanting to see if anyone could give me a heads up on were to hunt some pheasant in Indiana, I live in Hendricks county and have been wanting to hunt them for a while but have no clue where to go.
Thanks
Nick
Posted By: HatchetJack

Re: Pheasant hunting - 12/08/2013 09:16 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: nedwards

Re: Pheasant hunting - 12/09/2013 08:08 AM

WOW, what is the cost to hunt that place

Re: Pheasant hunting - 12/09/2013 01:31 PM

Of course the cost varies depending on species and numbers of birds released. For example 4 pheasants cost $75 or 10 quail the same amount.

http://www.royalflushent.com/

Jack

P.S. that pile of birds is actually from a tower shoot yesterday where 10 hunters did the tower and another 8 folks cleaned up what they missed. I imagine we left another 20-30 birds out there.
Posted By: shooter

Re: Pheasant hunting - 12/09/2013 09:22 PM

Tower Shoot? Similar to the Remington Farms where all the Gunwriters would go for a water fowl shoot?
Posted By: BREW...

Re: Pheasant hunting - 12/09/2013 09:42 PM

Originally posted by HatchetJack:
[Linked Image]
That's a GREAT pic no matter what the cost was.... eek

Re: Pheasant hunting - 12/09/2013 09:55 PM

Originally posted by shooter:
Tower Shoot? Similar to the Remington Farms where all the Gunwriters would go for a water fowl shoot?
Probably...pheasants are released from tower in the center of 10 shooters. I didn't do the tower shoot but I did do the clean-up hunt. The average on a tower shoot is about 50%.

Jack
Posted By: Bowmadness

Re: Pheasant hunting - 12/17/2013 08:11 PM

Royal Flush is definitetly a nice set up. Another decent place is Kickapoo Kennels in Attica. Jumbo quail hunt is good there, and great eating.

Re: Pheasant hunting - 12/18/2013 01:14 PM

This list is NOT up-to-date as at least 2 of these are out of business. Most of the others are ok:

http://www.ultimatepheasanthunting.com/USA/Indiana/

The 2 that are closed are Presnell's and Quail Ridge. Most facilities start to run out of birds in January.

Jack
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting