Home

Treestand bolts and nuts

Posted By: bean

Treestand bolts and nuts - 09/04/2013 01:10 PM

Just a reminder to not take for granted your stands are in working order. Check each bolt/nut.

Last night we went to trim some stands and w/ Luke bowhunting my setups usually have two stand side by side. I went to reposition one and the platform had a bolt/nut that had come loose. If I had not checked it then stepped on it, I would have fallen until my harness caught me.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: Treestand bolts and nuts - 09/04/2013 02:42 PM

Very good point.

It might also be a good idea, for those of you who use hang on stands, to consider replacing bolts/nuts with higher grade hardware.

I say this because I once had a bolt shear off right at the nut when I placed weight on it. It was a Big Game Boss XL stand, made in china.

Needless to say it went back to rural king, and I considered myself fortunate to not be injured.
Posted By: delaney

Re: Treestand bolts and nuts - 09/04/2013 09:19 PM

Ditto the above. Had a bolt break about 12 years ago and the lock on then folded down and the harness caught me after about a four foot drop.
Posted By: gundude

Re: Treestand bolts and nuts - 09/04/2013 09:27 PM

Good stuff.. I'll just ground hunt this year...
Posted By: Parrot Head

Re: Treestand bolts and nuts - 10/15/2013 08:26 AM

Where can a guy get the replacement cables that are on the side of lock ons??
Posted By: trophyhunter

Re: Treestand bolts and nuts - 10/20/2013 05:45 PM

Originally posted by Parrot Head:
Where can a guy get the replacement cables that are on the side of lock ons??
i haven`t found a replacement, i`m just going to use chain.paint them in the spring and swap them in the summer before season.
Posted By: RedLab

Re: Treestand bolts and nuts - 10/23/2013 12:06 AM

I'm adding new straps to all of my ladder stands this year. They all have to be readjusted for the height also.

Re: Treestand bolts and nuts - 10/26/2013 08:17 PM

reminder guys, i had a cable break on me today on one of my lock ons.. keep any eye on them.
i checked this one earlier but it was rusted under the rubber coating so i couldn`t see it.
i didn`t fall but i will be replacing all my cables with chain.
Posted By: Parrot Head

Re: Treestand bolts and nuts - 10/28/2013 07:20 AM

Let me know what you are going to use to attach to the chain that attaches to the tree stand if that makes sense?

Re: Treestand bolts and nuts - 10/28/2013 06:21 PM

i plan on just using bolts where the straps were bolted to..might have to be a little longer as i think the chain is thicker than the straps.
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting