Home

a radical idea?

Posted By: gundude

a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 09:14 AM

I was thinking about all the safety regulations that are required by law. Pfds on boats hunter orange...etc.

So how about this. Anyone hunting public land would be required to wear an approved safety harness ..

Just a thought... perhaps a few lives would be saved...?
Posted By: Tysonhunter

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 12:09 PM

Not radical at all. I'm personally all for it. For that matter, gott wear orange whether on public or private I say make in mandatory statewide regardless what type of property.
Posted By: Hunt N Nut

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 12:33 PM

I'd go for that too.
Posted By: delaney

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 12:39 PM

I'm ok with this also. But Keith, I'm going to have to question your conservative leaning.
Posted By: THROBAK

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 12:39 PM

Works for me
Posted By: fullrut

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 12:48 PM

I say ABSOLUTELY!
Posted By: HatchetJack

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 01:47 PM

no

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 02:10 PM

Jack, spoken like a true conservative.

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 02:13 PM

I dont support government mandates on what i can or cant do do in general... im not sure i even support this one.. i just had a thought about it while reading about guys falling...

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 02:25 PM

Agreed Keith. Same way that I feel like folks should have to wear a helmet on motorcycles.

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 04:35 PM

Originally posted by delaney:
I'm ok with this also. But Keith, I'm going to have to question your conservative leaning.
Iz gots 99 problems but being a liberal aint one!!

How about finding a way to get pub...lic service announcements funded with minimal or no tax dollars used

Run them a for a month every year... seems like the biz and private sector could be fund raisers this....its just a thought guys...m
Posted By: moRaCK

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 04:44 PM

Have enough regs already.You can't keep people from doing stupid things.Good thought but if you don't care if you fall out of tree then you won't care to neglect another regulation.

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 05:43 PM

Good point
. I was thinking somebody's. Wife might see it and startbe nagging her husband about it... it seems effective around here anyway..lol
Posted By: recon33alpha

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 06:17 PM

Originally posted by moRaCK:
Have enough regs already.You can't keep people from doing stupid things.Good thought but if you don't care if you fall out of tree then you won't care to neglect another regulation.
+1

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 08:20 PM

My job is done... i sparked some debate.. perhaps we can all at least agree to try and promote common sense safety..
Posted By: antiwheeze

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 08:59 PM

I am all for self imposed safety! (nice way of saying no)
Posted By: antiwheeze

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 09:07 PM

I would fear the next step would be disallowing hunting from elevated positions on state land.
Posted By: Yaz

Re: a radical idea? - 12/08/2012 09:26 PM

Absolutely NOT!!

Re: a radical idea? - 12/12/2012 09:54 PM

Same argument could be laid out for seatbelts, helmets, liquor sold by serving in public places etc etc. I still say it's nearly impossible to enforce but do it anyways. It affects us all, healthcare costs, time/energy/resources of emergency response personnel, and most importantly our loved ones. OSHA requires it in a workplace, some draw hunts require it on their properties.....TSA requires them with new stands.....impose it. Bluntly if I needed to call 911 for a emergency with my son and all medical resources are tied up with a non tied in hunter, I'd be upset. Very far fetched and extreme of which I know both patients would be equally important however I'm just saying!
Posted By: moRaCK

Re: a radical idea? - 12/12/2012 10:54 PM

You couln't enforce it with a standard harness.You could just tell them you were getting ready to climb down.You would have to impose being tied as you climb and descend.Whats next, no climbing trees.

Re: a radical idea? - 12/13/2012 08:45 PM

Ultimately the idea isn't to catch folks red handed breaking the law, it's to encourage folks to practice treestand safety who otherwise may not. If it just saved one......think of the impact on that family.
Posted By: 76chevy

Re: a radical idea? - 12/17/2012 08:56 AM

YES

they do it on military hunts right now. Why not for ALL public land???
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting