Home

Controlling wildlife touchy matter

Posted By: BREW...

Controlling wildlife touchy matter - 01/27/2014 10:55 PM

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20140127/LOCAL/301279953/1002/LOCAL

January 27, 2014 Indiana, Fort Wayne Journal Gazette

... Warsaw started a deer task force a few years ago and opened parts of the city to urban bow hunting, which Fort Wayne also did. Bloomington, however, has yet to address its deer problem after spending two years studying the issue....While the number of Indiana hunters doesn’t come near the half-million mark seen 50 years ago, hunting has had somewhat of a resurgence, with the number of paid hunting license holders increasing from 232,819 in 2005 to about 274,000 last year...
Posted By: Jeff Valovich

Re: Controlling wildlife touchy matter - 01/28/2014 12:56 PM

I'm impressed it mentioned Beverly Shores. It has been a huge success in what can be done with a controlled urban bow hunt program...I'm proud to have started it ... however, while Beverly Shore is a so called "private" communitee, it is not "gated"...there are however only 3 roads in and out of it.... at the start of the program, we didnt bait...but as years went by the town did get permits that did allow the baiting of deer and hunting after the regular season ended... over 300 deer have been killed in that town since I started the program...Nice article and gives a positive light on hunting....
© 2024 Hoosier Hunting